酷兔英语

章节正文

白朗宁夫人抒情十四行诗集第十三首








你可是要我把对你涌起的恩情,

And wilt thou have me fashion into speech

形之于言词,而且还觉得十分充裕;

The love I bear thee, finding words enough,

不管有多猛的风,高举起火炬,

And hold the torch out, while the winds are rough

让光辉,从两张脸儿间,把我俩照明?

Between our faces, to cast light on each? --

我却把它掉在你脚边,没法命令

I drop it thy feet. I cannot teach

我的手托着我的心灵,那么远距

My hands to hold my spirit so far off

自己;难道我就能借文字作契据,

From myself ... me ... that I should bring thee proof

掏给你看、那无从抵达的爱情

In words, of love hid in me out of reach.

在我的心坎?不,我宁愿表达

Nay, let the silence of my womanhood

女性的爱凭她的贞静,而换来

command my woman-love to thy belief, --

你的谅解--看见我终不曾软化,

Seeing that I stand unwon, however wooed,

任你怎样地央求,我只是咬紧着嘴,

And rend the garment of my life, in brief,

狠心撕裂着生命的衣裙;生怕

By a most dauntless, voiceless fortitude,

这颗心一经接触,就泄露了悲哀。

Lest one touch of this heart convey its grief.






最后由 最懒的珊 于 2006-10-03 19:24 编辑


关键字:诗歌散文
生词表:



章节正文