Unit 20 Talking about Families 谈论家庭
1 Dialogue
儿时的朋友,如今已经各有各的家庭,多年不见,再次重逢,难免会提及到各自的家庭。
A: Hello, Martin, what a pleasant surprise!
你好,马丁,真想不到在这儿碰到你!
B: Hello, Lisa, we haven't seen you for seven years time.
你好,丽莎,我们有七年没见面了。
A: How's everything at home?
家里一切都好吗?
B: Really fine. Thank you. I hope all goes well with you?
很好,谢谢,我想你一切都很好吧?
A: I'm very well indeed, thank you.
很好,谢谢你。
B: Do you have a family?
你成家了吗?
A: Yes, I have a husband.
是的,我有丈夫。
B: Do you have children?
你有孩子吗?
A: Yes, we have two children.
是的,我有两个孩子。
B: Are they boys or girls?
男孩还是女孩?
A: We have one boy and one girl.
一男一女。
B: Wonderful, You have a son and a daughter. Are your mother and father living.
太好了,你有一个儿子和一个女儿。你的父母还健在吗?
A: Yes, they are.
是的。
B: Do they live here?
他们住在这儿吗?
A: No, they don't. They live in town. How about your parents?
不,他们住在城里,你父母怎么样?
B: They live in California.
他们住在加利福尼亚。
A: Do you have brothers and sisters?
你有兄弟姐妹吗?
B: I have two brothers and one sister.
我有两个兄弟和一个姐姐。
A: What do they do?
他们干些什么?
B: They have businesses in town.
他们都在城里做生意。
A: That's interesting.
真有意思!
2 精彩脱口秀--谈论家庭
世界上没有一个地方比自己的家里更舒适,人们在家里可以完全放松自己。人人都爱自己的家,无论家是多么简陋,多么贫寒--我爱我家!
●I guess I'm finally going to be a father.我想我终于要做爸爸了。
●Why are parents so dense?父母亲为什么那么木讷?
●Like father, like son.有其父必有其子。
●They may be grown-up, but to their parents they're always children.在父母看来,子女永远是孩子。
●Children cost a lot of money.养儿育女真花钱。
●You spoil your daughter all the time.你总是宠着你女儿。
●I just want a little place somewhere to hang my hat.我只需要一个小小的家就满足了。
●It's late. You should stop singing.时间晚了,别再唱了。
●I'll tell my son to wash the car.我将让我儿子洗车。
●They say all I do when I'm home is to occupy space.他们说我在家里只会占空间。
●I spend time with my family.我和家人一起过假日。
●Why don't you take the dog for a walk?你们为什么不带狗去散步?
●How about getting your sister to help you?让你姐姐帮你如何?
●Please, Dad. I have to finish this by tomorrow.拜托,老爸!我明天之前必须做完这个作业。
●I don't feel like cooking tonight.今天晚上我不想做饭。
●She sometimes forgets things.她有时会丢三落四。
●I asked my daughter to go to the supermarket.我叫女儿去超市买东西。
●The neighbors might complain.左邻右舍可能会抱怨。
●Did you make it yourself?你自己做的吗?