酷兔英语

章节正文


Don:It's cool. It's 1) hip. You have email, FAX, and telephone dates.

  唐:这是最酷最炫的。你可以透过电子邮件、传真,还有电话约会。


  Herbert:That's too 2) nerdy even for me.


  赫伯特:这种方式连我都觉得无聊。


  Don:You're hopeless. I'll have 3) to take your love life into my own hands.


  唐:你真是没救了。看来我得亲自插手你的恋爱生活。


  Herbert:What do you have in mind, Mr. 4) Matchmaker?


  赫伯特:你在打什么主意,媒人公?


  Don:Are you free next Friday?


  唐:你下星期五有没有空?


  Herbert:Sure.


  赫伯特:有啊。


  语言详解


  A: Ralph has really changed.


  拉夫真的改头换面了。


  B: You're right. He used to be nerdy. Now he's pretty hip.


  没错。以前他就像书呆子不会打扮。现在穿得可酷着呢。


  「You're hopeless. 你没救了」


  如果若有过你的朋友常常天马行空,想些不切实际的做法,你就可以对他说You're hopeless.若你想劝朋友实际一点,就可以说:Be practical! 你实际一点!


  A:I love writing poetry. That's all I ever think about.


  我喜欢写诗。我满脑子想的都是这件事。


  B:You're hopeless! You might as well resign yourself to being a poor poet.


  你真是无药可救!你干脆去当个穷诗人算了。


  「take my life/future into my own hands 掌握自己的命运/未来」


  一个人之所以会说这句话,总是因着"自己的命运要靠自己创造"的雄心壮志,但上面对话里的赫伯特因为太过被动,让唐着急不已,所以决定插手干预,才会说"你的爱情生活由我接管"take your love life into my own hands.


  A:Let me help you.


  我来帮你。


  B:Nobody can help me. I'll have to take my future into my own hands.


  没人能帮我。我必须掌握自己的未来。


  1) hip (a.) (俚语)炫的,最时髦的


  2) nerdy (a.) 讨厌的,不吸引人的


  3) to take......into my own hands 亲自处理......


  4) matchmaker (n.) 媒人


关键字:英语听力
生词表:


文章标签:口语  英语口语  实用英语  实用英语口语    

章节正文