酷兔英语

章节正文


Herbert: It's not that she's not worth it, it's the 1) situation.

  赫伯特: 不是她不值得,是现实的情况。


  Don: What's situation?


  唐:什么情况?


  Herbert: It has to do with my job.


  赫伯特: 这跟我的工作有关。


  Don: You've lost your job?


  唐:你被炒鱿鱼了?


  Herbert: No, just the 2) opposite.


  赫伯特: 不是,恰好相反。


  Don: You got a 3) promotion


  唐:你升官啦?


  Herbert: Yes. But it's in Hsinchu......far, far away from Rose.


  赫伯特: 对。但我会被调去新竹......离柔丝好远好远。


  语言详解


  A: Did the boss promote you?


  老板有提升你吗?


  B: Quite the opposite. He fired me.


  刚好相反,他炒我鱿鱼


  「Just the opposite. 正好相反」


  当别人说的话,跟实际状况完全相反的时候,这句话正可派上用场。


  A:Are you sick of eating at home? Do you want to go out, honey?


  老是在家吃你会不会腻?要不要出去吃啊,亲爱的?


  B:Just the opposite. I want to stay in and have a romantic dinner with my lovely wife.


  才不腻呢。我正想待在家里跟爱妻来顿浪漫的晚餐。


  1) situation (n.) 情况,局面


  2) opposite (a.) 相反的


  3) promotion (n.) 升迁


关键字:英语听力
生词表:


文章标签:口语  英语口语  实用英语  实用英语口语    

章节正文