酷兔英语

章节正文

Lesson 1: Getting Started成立公司



Wendy: Let's review our start-up plans. When do you think we will be able to move into our new office?

温蒂: 我们再看一遍我们的初步计画。你想什么时候我们可以搬进新的办公室?



Lester: Well, we can move in any time after July first, but moving in and actually getting started are two different things.

莱司特: 七月一号之后我们随时可以搬进去,不过搬进去和实际开始工作是两回事。



Wendy: Good point. Anyway, I have our new marketing manager, Helen Parker, helping us get set up.

温蒂: 说得好。无论如何,我会要我们新任的市场经理,海伦‧派克帮忙我们打点一切。



Lester: What is she doing?

莱司特: 她是做什么的?



Wendy: She's overseeing the purchase of equipment and so forth.

温蒂: 她监督机器设备的采购等等。



Lester: Does she have a background in that sort of thing?

莱司特: 她有那方面的背景吗?



Wendy: As a matter of fact, it turns out she practically ran her last company, from marketing to finance.

温蒂: 事实上,她上一个公司从行销到财务,实际上都是她在运作的。



Lester: I'm looking forward to meeting her.

莱司特: 我期待认识她。



Wendy: Have you begun to investigate factories? I'm so glad we aren't going to try to run our own factory at first.

温蒂: 你开始调查工厂了吗?我很高兴我们没有先试图设立自己的工厂。



Lester: Yes, I've started. And I've found some good people for R and D, too. Then there are the art people designing our logos-

莱司特: 是的,开始了。我也替研发部门找了些好人才。然后有一些美术人员设计我们的商标--



Wendy: Oh, no! Millions of details: logos, slogans, letterhead, name cards . . .

温蒂: 噢,天哪!有好多的细节:商标,标语,信头,名片......



Lester: You thought setting up a company was going to be easy?

莱司特: 你觉得创立一间公司会容易吗?
关键字:商务英语
生词表:
  • setting [´setiŋ] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.安装;排字;布景 四级词汇


文章标签:  

章节正文