on the sidelines
在边线区(看球),球场的「边线」sidelines区域座位会特别贵,或是保留给记者。用在球场外的状况,则表示「事情就在眼前上演」
If we're lucky we can watch the game on the sidelines.
若我们幸运的话,我们可以在边线区看比赛。
hurts to lose
输了很难过吧?!有挑衅的意味,是赢家对输家耀武扬威时说的话
I'm OK. But it always hurts to lose, man.
我没问题。但是输了总是难过的,老兄。
poster board
写布告用的硬纸板
The poster board has all the football information on it.
这块布告板上有全部美式足球的信息。
lounge around (在室内)闲晃
A: How do you spend your week off?
你休假的礼拜都怎么过?
B: I just lounge around the house.
我就待在家里闲晃。
be sick of... 对...感到厌烦
A: Do you like living in New York?
你还喜欢住在纽约吗?
B: Yeah, but sometimes I get sick of all the noise and traffic.
喜欢啊,但有时候我对这些噪音和交通混乱感到厌烦。
make fun of... 取笑...
A: Why do you look so sad?
你看起来怎么这么难过?
B: Everyone made fun of my new haircut!
大家都在取笑我的新发型!