Claim and Settlement
投诉与索赔
1. Here is what differs from your sample.
这是与样品不符的东西。
A: Two boxes of your product didn't
coincide with your sample last time.
上次你们的饿货物中有两箱品质和规格与样品不符。
B: I don't know what is
happening. There hasn't been such things with us, maybe the factory sent wrong boxes.
这又是怎么一回事儿,我们从来没发生过来这样的事情。也许是工厂方面搞错了。
A: Here is what differs from your sample.
这是与样品不符的东西。
B: I got it. I am contacting the factory right now
这样我马上和厂方联系。
......
I am very sorry and we are responsible for the mistake, we will exchange all
merchandise that falls short of our sample.
这次的差错完全是我们的责任。非常抱歉。与样品不符合的货物全部无偿调换。
A: We will not get to the bottom since this is the first claim.
这次是第一发生索赔,所以我们不再深究了。
B: There won't be such things.
以后一定注意不再发生类似的事情。
2. A quarter of them went mouldy.
有1/4 的货物发霉了。
A: We examined the
merchandise and were astonished to find that a quarter of them went mouldy and there was
humidity in the box.
我们检查了这次的货物,让我们很吃惊的是有1/4的货物竟然发霉了,而且箱内有潮气。
B: Are you sure? I haven't heard about such things.
有这回事儿?至今从没听到过有这样的事情。
A: Here is the exam report provided by the American quality examining office.
这是美国检查所方面出具的检查报告。
B: But there is no explanation about
relevant causes.
但有关的原因一点儿也没有写。
A: The packaging is all right according to the report.
根据检查报告包装完整无损。
B: In this case, there might be more reasons.
这样的话,原因岂不就是多方面的了。
A: I am afraid you didn't dry the goods before packaging.
我认为恐怕是包装之前你们没把东西烘干。
B: I think you know that there is a sample survey by a checker from State Administration for the Inspection of Import and Export Commodities before shipping. Our
merchandise is surely up to standard.
我想您也知道,货物装船之前经中国商品检验局检验员抽样检查确认,东西是完全符合标准的。
3. I want to have your opinion on the quality problem of the goods.
我想听听贵方对这次货物品质问题的解释。
A: I want to have your opinion on the
faulty goods.
我想听听贵方对这次货物品质问题的解释。
B We regret for this but we
guarantee there is nothing wrong with our products.
出现这样的事情我们感到很遗憾。但是,我们敢保证产品本身质量没有问题。
A: Well, there is crack with two boxes of
porcelain and I think it's natural for us to ask for
compensation.
总之,有两箱瓷器出现了裂纹是事实,我们要求赔偿也是理所当然的吧。
B: It is hard for my company to accept
compensation happened in the course of transportation. What is more, quality of goods is confirmed when loading under the standards of C&F, we are therefore not responsible for the quality problems when arriving.
对运输途中发生的损失进行赔偿是我公司难以接受的。而且C&F价格条件下,品质以装船时为准,货物到达时的质量问题我们不负责。
A; That means we should ask for
compensation from the insurance agent.
就是说要我们向保险公司要求赔偿了?
B: I think so.
我认为应该是这样。
4. It should be 40mm in
diameter according to contract but the material object is only 39.7mm in
diameter.
合同规定的规格是直径40毫米,但是实物只有39.7毫米。
A: Part of goods do not
coincide with standards described in the contract.
有部分货物与合同的规格不符。
B: What is the difference in size?
是吗?尺寸差多少?
A: It should be 40mm in
diameter according to the contract but the material object is only39.7mm in
diameter.
合同规定的规格是直径40毫米,但是实物只有39.7毫米。
B: Please let me have a look at the object.
是吗。让我们看看实物吧。
A: (measuring) Look, it is only 39.7mm.
(边测量)看,只有39.7毫米。
B: How many of these products are there?
这样的货物有多少?
A: There are 1500 according to the contract, of which 500 failed to meet the standard. Please check it.
合同数量是1500个,有500个不符规格的。请贵公司负责查问清楚。
B: I am inquiring about this with headquarters. Please give me a sample to ask them to
negotiate with the factory.
我们马上向总部询问。请给我们一个样品,以便送到总社好与工厂交涉。
5. But according to the checker's report the packing is half-baked.
根据检验员的报告,检查时货物的包装是不完整的。
A: We found in the examination that 20% of the goods have rusted, please exchange them. 我们在检验中发现竟有20%的货物已生锈。所以请贵方给予调换。
B: We think it quite probably derives from natural changes in the voyage.
我们认为很可能是航途中的自然变化。
A: But according to the checker's report the packaging is half-baked, therefore, you should be responsible for the damage.
但是根据检验员的报告,检查时或的包装是不完整的,因此发生的损失是贵方的责任。
B: We pledge there is absolutely nothing wrong with the packaging. Don't you think the damage was caused during the loading?
我们保证货物的包装绝对没有问题。包装的破损难道不是装船时引起的吗?
A: Please find out the cause.
请查明原因。
B: OK, we will make an investigation.
那我们在详细调查一下吧。
A: Thanks for your cooperation.
谢谢你们的合作。
6. I would like to know the details about the plan of
compensation.
我想知道具体的处理方案。
A: Our investigation results tell us that the factory party is responsible for the cargo damage. We are so sorry for the
inconvenience we brought to you in this matter.
关于货物破损一事,我方调查的结果表明是厂方的责任。给贵公司添了很多麻烦,非常抱歉。
B: Well, that's all right.
啊,不必客气。
A: The factory party agreed to
compensate for your damage.
厂方同意赔偿损失的要求。
B: Thanks. I would like to know details about the plan of
compensation.
谢谢。我想知道具体的处理方案。
A: We are not going to carry these damaged goods back. Would you accept to buy these goods at half price?
破损货物就不打算运回去了,能以半价处理给你们吗?
We'd like to use the payment as our
compensation fee.
我想这部分款就充当赔偿金了。
B: Thank you very much.
A: We are completely responsible for this accident. We
warrant we won't make this kind of mistake again.
这次事故完全是由于我方失误造成的,我保证今后不再发生这类事故。
7. How to resolve the dispute in your country?
在贵国怎样解决国际贸易中的纠纷呢?
A: It is
inevitable to have some disputes in doing international trade business. Could you tell me how to resolve the dispute in your country?
国际贸易中偶尔发生纠纷是避免不了的事儿。在贵国是怎样解决这些纠纷的呢?
B: There are several ways. The best way is to achieve consensus through
consultation.
有多种方式。最好的方法是通过双方协商圆满解决。
A: Would you seek for the legal means if the
consultation cannot help resolve the dispute?
如果协商解决不了的话,通过法律就是说依靠国家权力来解决吗?
B: Litigation is of course a way of resolving dispute. But actually we don't use it frequently.
诉讼当然是解决纠纷的一种手段。不过实际上极少使用这种方式。
A: Then what should we do?
那怎么办呢?
B: Usually through
arbitration.
一般来说是通过仲裁来解决。
A: Does the final judgment by
arbitration have
binding force on the parties concerned?
那仲裁作出的决定是终决,对当事人是有约束力的吧。
B: Yes.
8. If it is because of the unqualified products, we will properly deal with it.
弄清原因之后,若确实是我方的责任,我们一定负责妥善处理的。
A: The second batch of goods' quality and standards do not meet the requirements in our contract.
第二批货的质量和规格都不符合合同规定。
B: Really, I can't believe it?
是吗?怎么会有这种事?
A: It is so
pitiful that there is this kind of thing
happening.
我们也很遗憾。积极能够染发生了这种事。
B: Could you tell us some particulars about it?
能不能介绍一下详细情况?
A: We
entrust the Local Inspection Authority to re-examine the goods. The result of the
inspection indicates that the goods below the standard in smooth finish and color makes up 30 per cent of the goods.
我们委托本地的沙锅哪怕检验局对着皮货进行了再检查,结果变色的、光洁度不够的约占30%。
B: Let me have a look over the test report.
把商品检验报告给我看一下。
A: OK, we request your party pay for the goods with bad quality.
好的,请看。对不合格的产品我们要求赔偿。
B: We know that. I will contact the factory party to clarify at once. And if it is because of the unqualified products, we will properly deal with it.
我理解您所说的。我马上与厂方联系,弄清原因之后,若确实是我方的责任,我们一定负责妥善处理的。
9. Is it the same general
arbitration institutions in China?
在中国也有常设仲裁机构吗?
A: Some general
arbitration institutions can deal with some
maritimearbitration work except a permanent
maritimearbitration institution in America. Is it the same in China?
在美国,作为常设仲裁机构,有仲裁海事纠纷的美国海运集会所,还有综合性的仲裁机构。在中国也有这样的机构吗?
B: Of course. For example, Foreign Trade Arbitration Commission is such a kind of institution.
当然有。比如中国国际贸易促进会对外经济仲裁委员会就是这样的机构。
A: Does the dispute have to be arbitrated by Chinese
arbitration authorities?
通过仲裁解决纠纷时,必须由中方的常设仲裁机构受理吗?
B: It is up to the contract signed by the two parties.
这要根据双方当事人的协议来决定。
A: Does that mean we can
specify an
arbitration institution after reaching an
arbitration agreement by two parties?
意思是在双方达成仲裁协议时,就能够具体地指定仲裁机构了?
B: Yes. The standard
arbitration institution stipulates the procedures of
arbitration and keeps the name list of the arbitrator. Once the
arbitration organization is designated, the disputes that emerge in the future can be arbitrated according to the
regulation of the
arbitration organ.
是的。常设仲裁机构规定了仲裁手续,还备有仲裁人名簿。一旦指定了仲裁机构,将来产生了纠纷就可以根据该仲裁机构的规则委托仲裁了。
10. So the
arbitration clauses have to be included in contract.
必须在合同中写上关于纠纷仲裁的条款。
A: The two parties should join effort to operate a joint venture. Sometimes there are still some different points of view over some operation work.
搞合资企业,双方要同心协力自不必说。但是总会有意见不和的时候。
B: So the
arbitration articles have to be included in contract.
所以说需要在合同中写上关于纠纷仲裁的条款。
A: Consultation is the best way to resolve the disputes that happen in joint venture.
发生纠纷时,我觉得最好是通过协议解决。
B: Arbitration would be used if
consultation could not resolve the dispute at all.
如果双方无论如何都无法通过协商解决的话,也只好由仲裁来解决了。
A: Are there any other means to help solving problems?
没有其他的解决方法吗?
B: Yes, there are. For example, let the third party go between the other two parties.
有的。比如由公正的第三者介入,或从中调停也是一种解决方式。
11. We cannot do a replacement without a receipt.
没有发票的商品不能退换。
A: The short sleeves shirt I bought yesterday doesn't fit me. I want to change the size.
昨天我在你们店买的半袖衬衫尺寸不合格,我想换一下。
B: Do you have the receipt?
你有发票吗?
A: I couldn't find it.
已经扔了。
B: That's tough. It is hard to tell if it was bought in our shop.
那可有点不好办了。无法辨别是不是在我们这里买的。
A: Can we find other ways to resolve it?
那能不能想想办法呀?
B: I'm afraid that we cannot do a replacement without the receipt according to the
regulation in our shop.
这个嘛,这里有规定,没有发票的商品不能退也不能换。
A: But I really bought it in your shop.
可我真是在这儿买的呀。
12. The air-conditioning doesn't work properly.
我刚买的空调运作不正常。
A: Excuse me. The air-conditioning doesn't work properly.
B: What's the problem?
是什么情况呢?
A: It doesn't cool. How can I spend my time in such a hot day without air-conditioning?
不制冷。这样炎热的天,没有冷气,怎么过呀?
B: We are sorry about that.
我感到非常抱歉。
A: And the noise is so high that I can't bear it.
还有,杂音很大,吵得慌。
B: OK. We will repair it at once.
明白了,马上就去修理。
A: Thanks.
Your request for
compensation makes me surprised.
听到您要提出索赔我很吃惊。
A: Your request for
compensation makes me surprised. What happened?
听到您要提出索赔我很吃惊。究竟是什么问题?
B: It's because of the quality.
质量问题。
A: Could you tell me the particulars?
能说的具体点儿吗?
B: I told you that we want first class goods. So the quality,
specification and price are clarified in our contract. Do you remember those details?
当初我说过要一等品。所以合同里将质量 、规格和价钱都写的很明确。你还记得吗?
A: Yes, I do.
B: The re-examination results indicate that one-third of the goods are not up to standard.
但是我们复验的结果是1/3的质量与规定不符。
A: Really? We began to load the goods after we made sure they were qualified.
是吗?我们是检查合格后才装船的。
B: I told you the truth.
我说的全都是事实。
14. The quality is too bad.
这是质量问题。
A: The damage is hard to avoid in the process of long distance transport.
长途运输过程中,搬运时难免有破碎的事情。
B: The truth is that the quality is too bad to make us believe this damage was created by transport.
绝对不可能破碎到这种程度。这是质量的问题。
A: We will pay for it if the goods quality is really as bad as you said.
如果是事实,我们负责理陪。
B: Thank you for your understanding.
非常高兴您能理解我们。
A: Don't mention it.
别客气。
B: Then please tell me the result after you
investigate the cause of the damage with the factory party.
那请把与厂家研究的结果告诉我们。
A: OK. We will ask the factory party to come tomorrow.
好的,明天请厂家派人来。
B: Thanks.
1.We don't agree with you that we have
breached the contract.
2.但是我认为我们并没有违约。
A: We have to claim for
compensation over our big loss as you are late for
dispatching a
shipment by almost one month.
你们派船晚了近一个月,我们的损失太大,不得不提出索赔。
B: Could you tell me what losses you have?
能告诉我是哪方面的损失吗?
A: We had to pay for the
storage fee and labor fee because you didn't
dispatch a ship in time.
因为你没一直没派船来,我们不得不每天支付仓库保管费和人工费等。
B: We understand your situation. We contacted the shipping company as soon as we received your fax. But they were busy in
dealing with so many businesses that they were late for your request.
这种情况我很理解。我们收到传真之后马上与轮船公司联系,但是因为他们业务很忙,没能马上派船。
A: We are claiming
compensation because of your
breach of the contract.
由于你方违约了,我们提出赔偿。
B: We don't agree with you that we have
breached the contract.
但是我认为我们并没有违约。
A: What's your opinion?
是什么意思?
B: We cannot find a set date in the contract to
dispatch a
shipment for your company. It is only said that all goods are ready for shipping, please
dispatch a
shipment as soon as possible.
因为合同上并没有规定在几月几号之前派船,只说"货已备妥,请即派船"。
关键字:
商务英语生词表: