酷兔英语

  

  Two colleagues, Bill and Mary, areshavingslunch in their office cafeteria.

  比尔和玛丽是同事,他们正在公司的自助餐厅吃午餐。

  Mary: I can't believe my eyes, Bill. Are youshavingsa salad for lunch? No burger?

  玛丽:比尔,我真不敢相信我的眼睛。你午餐只吃沙拉?不吃汉堡?

  Bill:Get used to it, Mary. I'm off burgers for good. Most fast food is loaded with sodium.

  比尔:玛丽,你得开始习惯喽。我已经决定永远不吃汉堡了。大部分快餐,钠的含量都很高。

  Mary: I know. But why your sudden interest in lessening your salt intake?


  玛丽:这我知道。但你为什么突然想减少盐的摄取量?


  Bill:My doctor says I should cut back on sodium-rich foods to lower my blood pressure.

  比尔:医生说我必须少吃高钠盐的食物以降低血压。

  Mary: Do you have hypertension? I would have thought you were too young.

  玛丽:你有高血压?你还这么年轻。

  Bill:Actually, my blood pressure isn't that high yet, but they say it increases with age.

  比尔:事实上我的血压也没有那么高,但据说血压会随年龄的增长而增高。

  Mary: Well, I'm glad you're starting to pay more attention to your diet.

  玛丽:啊,真高兴看到你开始比较注意饮食了。

  Bill:I want to lower my risk of heart attack and stroke, too.

  比尔:我也想降低得心脏病和中风的危险。

  Mary: So do I. That's why I've been trying to lower my cholesterol level.


  玛丽:我也是,这就是为什么我一直想降低胆固醇指数的原因。


  Bill:I've noticed you've been munching4 away on lots of fruits and vegetables recently.

  比尔:我注意到你最近大吃蔬菜水果。

  Mary: That's right. I could stand to lose a few pounds, too.

  玛莉:没错。这样我还可以减掉几磅。

  Bill:In that case, you should come to my health club with me.

  比尔:既然如此,你应该跟我一起去健身俱乐部。

  Mary: You've joined a health club? I would never have dreamed that you'd take something like this so seriously.

  玛丽:你参加健身俱乐部了?我做梦也没想到你会这样认真对待一件事。

  Bill:So, how about it? Can you tear yourself away from the TV tonight?


  比尔:怎么样?你舍得不看今晚的电视吗?


  Mary: Why not? If you can break your unhealthy eating habits, I can surely break a sweat.

  玛丽:为什么不呢?你都可以改正不良饮食习惯,我流点汗又何妨?

来源:疯狂英语





关键字:好文共赏
生词表: