酷兔英语

We've always been told it's true, but now experts have proved that money really can't buy you happiness.

  尽管我们总听到这样的话:金钱并不能买到真正的幸福。不过这次专家们印证了这一点。

  They quizzed jackpot winners and came up with 10 tips to keep you feeling on top of the world.

  他们采访了多位中了彩票头等奖的人,总结出了十条感觉幸福的秘诀。

  And the results were surprising. No flash cars of expensive jewellery. Instead it was the simple pleasures, available to almost anybody, that bring the most enjoyment.

  结果是令人惊讶的。幸福的感觉不是来自名牌汽车也不是来自珠宝首饰。让我们产生幸福感的都是简单的愉悦,是每个人都可以感受到的简单愉悦给我们带来最大的幸福感。

  Top of the list is spending time with your family.

  排在第一位的是和家人共处。

  But jackpot winners' advice is: "Don't give up work. Having a regular routine and social interaction are essential. Keeping up friendships is important too, as is a stable marriage.

  中了头彩的幸运儿们的建议是:"不要放弃工作。保持规律的作息和社会活动是非常必要的。拥有稳定的婚姻关系和一帮朋友也是很有助于提升幸福感。"

  Buying your own home, preferably in the North where people are friendlier, is a good idea. But don't get into debt.

  在北部买一套自己的房子是个不错的主意。因为那儿的人们更加友善。但是不要背上债务。

  No matter how much money you have, living within your means is vital if you want to avoid stress."

  不管你有多少钱,还是要按照自己的方式生活,自食其力,这对减少压力是很重要的。

  Dr Richard Tunney, of Nottingham University said: "The old saying 'money can't buy you happiness' may not be true, but traditional family values, a comfortable home and financial security are clearly key elements to a happy life."

  诺丁汉大学的理查德·唐尼博士说:"老话讲金钱难买开心颜,这可能不全对。但是传统的家庭观念,拥有一个稳定舒适的家庭,经济上有保障,衣食无忧,这些对于获得幸福感都是关键因素。"

  The top ten tips:

  十大要诀:

  1. Spend more time with family

  多和家人相处。

  2. Stay married

  结了婚的人比较容易幸福。

  3. Buy a detached house

  在较为僻静的地方买一处房子,避开城中心。

  4. Move north

  往北边挪。

  5. Avoid debt

  不要背债。

  6. Take regular holidays

  有规律的休假。

  7. Take regular exercise

  有规律的做运动。

  8. Work

  有一份工作。

  9. Maintain friendships

  有一帮朋友。

  10. Maintain a positive attidude

  保持乐观积极的生活态度。

  (国际在线张芸编译)





width="525" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

关键字:双语新闻
生词表:


文章标签:要诀