酷兔英语

 F: Welcome aboard!
  F:欢迎你来本公司工作!


  C: Thank you, I'm delighted to be working here, Ms.Buchwald.
  谢谢。我很高兴能来这里上班,布华奇先生。


  F: Call me Buck, will you? My name is Reginald Buchwald but everybody call me Buck. It's easier.
  叫我布客就可以了,好吗?我的全名是雷奇纳客.布奇华,但是大家都叫我布客。这样比较方便。


  C: I would hesitate to call you anything but Mr. Buchwald. Isn't it rather disrespectful to make a nickname out of the family name?
  除了布奇华先生之外,我不好直呼其他名字,替别人另外取绰号,不是很不礼貌吗?


  F: Will, President Eisenhower was known as Ike. Everybody in this company all the way up and down the line is called by his or her first name.
  嗯,艾森豪威尔总统也被呢称为艾克。我们公司的上上下下都是直呼每个人的名字。


  F: It's been our tradition ever since the company was small.And don't worry about the disrespect business, OK?
  在我们公司规模很小的时候这就已经形成传统。不要担心不礼貌的事了,好吗?


  C:I'll try.
  我会试试看。


  F: Good. But when there are outsiders, like business people from other companies, it might be good practice to address your higher-ups as Mr., Ms.orwhatever is appropriate.
  好。不过。如果有外人在时,如其他公司的人,最好能称呼你的上司为先生、小姐或任何适当的称谓。


  F: To the outside world, our custom may be interpreted as a singn of flippancy or lax discipline. Get it?
  对外人而言,我们的习惯可能会是轻率的和纪律松懈的表现。明白吗?


  C:Yes, sir.
  是的,先生。


  F: (laughing) And don't sir me either. Now I'll show you your private office.
  (笑着说)也不要叫我先生。现在,我带你去看你的私人办公室。




关键字:英语文库
生词表:


文章标签: