1. I'll be expecting your call.
我等你电话。
A: 早上好。我可以和琼斯太太说 A: Good morning. May I speak
话吗? to Mrs.Jones?
B: 我就是。你是王先生吧? B: Yes, speaking. Is that
Mr.Wang?
A: 我非常抱歉出了一件意想不到 A: I'm terribly sorry, but
的事情。 something unexpected com-
es up.
B: 你现在不能来了,是吗? B: You can't come now, can
you?
A: 是的,我不能来了。我们得另 A: No, I can't. We'll have to
约时间了。很抱歉给你带来不便。 make it some other time.
I'm sorry to inconvenience
you.
B: 没关系。那么我们什么时候见 B: That's all right. Then wh-
面? en shall we meet?
A: 我不知道。我下午打电话给你。 A: I don't know. I'll give you
a ring this afternoon.
B: 好吧。我等你的电话。 B: OK. I'll be expecting your
call.
2. I'll get it.
我去接电话。
A: 巴巴拉,电话响过了吗? A: Barbara, did the telephone
ring?
B: 响过好几次。怎么了? B: Yes, several times. Why?
A: 有我的电话吗? A: Was there a call for me ?
B: 据我所知没有。 B: Not as I know of.
A: 我传呼了苏珊。她应该给我复 A: I've paged Susan. She shou-
机了。 ld have answered my call.
B: 哦,来了。我去接电话。 B: Oh, there it is. I'll get
it.
3. Let me get back to you later.
我过一会儿打给你。
A: 喂,理查德,我是玛丽。我有 A: Hello, Richard, this is 事跟你谈。 Mary. There is something I
need to talk to you about.
B: 对不起,可是我正忙着呢。你 B: I'm sorry, but I'm busy now.
等一会打来行吗? Can you call back later?
A: 不行,我只需要几分钟。 A: No. I need only a few mi
nutes.
B: 可是我正在接一个长途电话。 B: But I have another long distance call on hold. Let me get back to you later.
我过一会儿打给你吧。
A: 好吧。不过快一点。 A: O.K. But be quick.
B: 没问题。 B: No sweat.