口语听力训练场-口语8000句-重要的提醒和忠告
●教诲、告诫
约翰,向她道歉。
John, apologize to her.
John, apologize to her. (约翰,向她道歉。)
I'm really sorry. (真对不起。)
约翰,你听我说!
John, you listen to me!
John, you listen to me! (约翰,你听我说!)
I don't want to. (我不想听。)
危险,别淘气。
Watch out! Don't play with that thing.
Mom, watch! (妈妈,你看!)
Watch out! Don't play with that thing. (危险,别淘气。)
自己的事情自己做。
Do it yourself.
Can you fix my bicycle? (能帮我修一下自行车吗?)
Do it yourself. (自己修。)
Do it by yourself.
Do it for yourself.
你别半途而废。
You should finish what you start.
I'm going to give up. (我想放弃了。)
You should finish what you start. (你别半途而废。)
Don't leave things half done. *也可用half done来表示“半途而废”。
我认输了。
I'm ready to throw in the towel. *这是一句拳击用语,用来比喻“认输”。
You failed the exam again. (你又没考上。)
I'm ready to throw in the towel. (我认输了。)
这是你(应尽)的责任。
It's your duty (to do that). *duty “(法律、道德上的)义务,应尽的责任”。
It's up to you to do that. (这是你应该做的。)
It's your responsibility. (这是你分内的工作。)
要善待他人。
Be good to others.
Do unto others as you would have done to you.*正式的说法。
You should treat others kindly.
Do unto others.
你要再三小心。
You can't be too careful. *直译“再小心也不为过”。
You can't be too careful. (你要再三小心。)
That's true. (那是当然。)
It's best to be as safe as possible.
(It's) better safe than sorry. (保得安全总比后悔好。)
三思而后行。
Make up your mind after thinking it over carefully. *make up one's mind
常用词组,表示decide(下决心)。带有“仔细考虑之后再下决定”的语感。
Make your decision after you give it a lot of thought.
Think it over carefully before you decide.
我全靠你了。
I'm counting on you. *这句表示“我全仗你了,你好好干”。
I'm relying on you.
你终究会明白的。
You'll see.
I don't think she's mean. (我没觉得她有什么恶意。)
You'll see. (你终究会明白的。)
You'll find out soon enough.
Time will tell. (时间会证明一切。)
冷静下来好好想想。
Calm down and think carefully. *calm down “冷静”、“镇静”。
Calm down and think carefully. (冷静下来好好想想。)
I can't! (我做不到。)
Calm down and think about it clearly.
这是最重要的事情。
That's the most important thing.
We need to know who's buying our products. (我们需要弄清楚谁买了我们的商品。)
That's the most important thing. (这是最重要的事情。)
That's the name of the game.
人要有自知之明。
Don't bite off more than you can chew. *bite off more than one can chew
直译是“咬下了自己嚼不了的东西”,常用来表示“接受自己力所不及的工作”、“接受超过自己能力的事情”。
Don't attempt more than you are
capable of.
这事做起来没有太大价值。
There isn't much merit in doing so.
There is no reason to do so.
I don't see the point (of doing that).
你还得再加把劲儿。
What you need is a little more effort. *effort “努力”、“尽力”。
You should put a little more effort into it. (你应该再加一把劲儿。)
You should try a little harder. (你应该再努力一点儿。)
有点自尊心吧!
Respect yourself.
我希望你事事要积极。
I hope you'll be more
positive overall. *positive “积极的”。
I don't think I can do it. (我觉得我做不了。)
I hope you'll be more
positive overall. (我希望你事事要积极。)
I hope you'll be more
positive in every way.
I wish you'd be more positive.
You should be more optimistic. (希望你能乐观点儿。) *optimistic “积极的”、“乐天派的”。
你说得容易。
That's easy for you to say.
If you practice hard, you'll get a gold medal. (如果你刻苦练习,一定能够得金牌。)
That's easy for you to say. (你说得容易。)
你发什么牢骚?
There's no reason for complaints. *complaint “不满”、“抱怨”、“诉苦”。
There is no reason to complain.
There is nothing to
complain about.
你脸上都写着呢呀!
It's written all over your face.
Did you pass the exam? (考试都通过了?)
How did you know? (你怎么知道的?)
It's written all over your face. (你脸上都写着呢呀!)
It's obvious. (明显地能看出来。) *obvious “一
生词表: