Don:It's not too late! She's still here. Get back over there.
唐:现在还不迟!她还在那里。再回那边去吧。
Herbert: I can't. Anyway, her 1) interests are completely 2) different from mine.
赫伯特: 我不行。反正,她的兴趣跟我完全不同。
Don: How do you know?
唐:你怎么知道。
Herbert: I talked about baseball and heavy metal. She was bored.
赫伯特: 我提到棒球跟重金属。她觉得无聊。
Don: What does she do?
唐:她是做什么的?
Herbert: She's a piano teacher. Her name is Rose.
赫伯特: 她钢琴老师。她的名字是柔丝。
Don: OK. Let me 3) handle this.
唐:好吧。我来帮你搞定。
Herbert: Don, what are you doing? Oh, no.
赫伯特: 唐,你在干嘛?唉唷!不要啦!
语言详解
A: You should tell Matt that you cheated on him.
你应该告诉麦特你背着他搞外遇。
B: It's a confession that I don't think he can handle.
这样的告白我想他无法承受。
「Let me handle this. 让我来处理」
当别人束手无策,或是没办法完成一件事,而你想把整件事扛下来时,就可以说这句话。
A: The boss is coming! He's going to be angry!
老板来了!他要发脾气了!
B: Let me handle this. I know the boss really well.
让我来处理。我很了解老板。
还有另外一种情况是,别人说要把一件事揽下来,但你不确定这个人是不是真能办到,就可以问Could you handle it? 你能处理吗?
A: I'll watch the office while you're at lunch.
你出去吃午饭时,我会看好办公室。
B: Sure. If you can handle it.
假如你能处理的话当然好。
1) interest (n.) 兴趣,喜好
2) different from...... 与......不同
3) handle (v.) 处理,掌控