酷兔英语


 Herbert: She thinks I'm a 1) geek, right? Look, she's leaving.

  赫伯特:她觉得我是只爱玩电脑的怪物,对吧?你看,她要走了。


  Don:Her date never showed up. Anyway, you're got a second chance.


  唐:她约的人一直没来。总而言之--你有第二次机会了。


  Herbert:What do you mean?


  赫伯特:什么意思?


  Don:I told her you love music and the piano. You're just 2) shy.


  唐:我告诉她你喜欢音乐和钢琴。你只是害羞而已。


  Herbert:Did she believe you?


  赫伯特:她相信你吗?


  Don:Looks that way. She 3) agreed to teach you, starting next Monday.


  唐:看来是这样。她答应教你,下星期一开始。


  Herbert:What? Me? Oh, no, no, no.


  赫伯特:什么?我?噢!不,不,不行!


  Don:Here's the address, and the time. Good luck, 4) Romeo.


  唐:这是她的地址,还有上课时间。祝你好运,罗密欧。


  语言详解


  A: The weather conditions are optimal today.


  今天的天气非常理想。


  B: I agree. Let's go fly a kite.


  我同意。我们去放风筝。


  「show up 现身」


  show up是指"出现,现身"的意思。


  A: Let's meet him at the railway station at the appointed time.


  我们在指定的时间到车站去和他碰面好了。


  B: What if he doesn't show up?


  要是他到时候没来怎么办


  B句是另一人担心会等不到人的问法。


  1) geek (n.) 电脑玩家,只懂电脑的怪人


  2) shy (a.) 害羞的


  3) agree to...... 同意(做什么事)


  4) Romeo (n.) 罗密欧。出自莎士比亚的《罗密欧与茱丽叶》,在这里表示多情的男人。


关键字:英语听力
生词表: