酷兔英语


 Don: Herb, why are you still sitting here?

  唐:赫伯特,你怎么还坐在这边?


  Herbert: I'm too 1) nervous. Look! 2) I'm in a cold sweat!


  赫伯特: 我太紧张了。你看!我在冒冷汗。


  Don:It's OK to be nervous. It's only 3) natural!


  唐:紧张没有关系。这是正常的。


  Herbert: You'd be nervous, too.


  赫伯特: 换做是你也会紧张?


  Don: Me, nervous? Never. But most people would be.


  唐: 我,紧张?从来不会。但大多数人都会。


  Herbert: I just don't want 4) to make a fool of myself.


  赫伯特: 我不想让自己看起来像个傻子。


  Don: Think of something fast, Herb. She might leave soon.


  唐:快想办法啊,赫伯特。她可能快走了。


  语言详解


  A: It's your turn! Spin the wheel!


  该你了!快转轮!


  B: Gambling always makes me so nervous!


  赌博总是让我紧张兮兮!


  「It's OK to be...... (发生什么事)没关系」


  It's only natural. 这是很自然的反应。


  You'll do fine. 你会没事的。


  以上是经常用来劝别人放轻松的三句话,当你看到有人要去做一件事,却又不敢时,就可以用这些话鼓舞他。


  1) nervous (a.) 焦虑的,紧张的


  2) to be in a cold sweat 冒冷汗


  3) natural (a.) 自然的


  4) to make a fool of myself 让自己显得愚蠢


关键字:英语听力
生词表: