酷兔英语

入 则 孝
Chapter Two Duty to Parents

父母呼 应勿缓 父母命 行勿懒
When my parents call me I should answer at once,
Whatever they tell me to do I should do immediately.
父母教 须敬听 父母责 须顺承
I should listen to my parents'teachings and absorb them.
If my parents have to correct me I should accept my faults and thank them for their concern
冬则温 夏则凊 晨则省 昏则定
I should make sure my parents are warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
Each morning I will wish them "good morning" and each night I will make sure they sleep well.
出必告 反必面 居有常 业无变
I will always tell my parents where I am going and when I will be back.
I will not often change my place, lifestyle or ambitions,
As this instability may worry them
事虽小 勿擅为 苟擅为 子道亏
I will never go against the teachings of my parents
And it's wrong for me to behave selfishly or to keep secrets from my parents,
However small they are.
物虽小 勿私藏 苟私藏 亲心伤
I will never take another's belongings, no matter how attractive or insignificant they may appear.
My self-control will prevent my parents from being hurt.
亲所好 力为具 亲所恶 谨为去
I will do all I can to satisfy my parents desires
And I will keep away from what they dislike
身有伤 贻亲忧 德有伤 贻亲羞
Anything I do wrong in my life will upset my parents,
Or even put the whole family to shame.
亲爱我 孝何难 亲憎我 孝方贤
It's easy to be a good child if my parents are good,
But if my parents are unfriendly or angry I will still strive to behave well,
As this is the road to greatness.
亲有过 谏使更 怡吾色 柔吾声
If my parents are doing wrong I will try to correct them,
Gently, strongly and by showing them how much they upset me.
谏不入 悦复谏 号泣随 挞无怨
I will persevere even if I am whipped.
亲有疾 药先尝 昼夜侍 不离床
I will care for a sick parent, calling the doctor and checking the medication.
I will care for them night and day by bedside.
丧三年 常悲咽 居处变 酒肉绝
When a parent passes away a child will mourn for three years,
Arranging his house to show respect and avoiding festivities, alcohol and meat.
丧尽礼 祭尽诚 事死者 如事生
He will observe the funeral rights and be respectful at the times of memorial.
The departed ancestors should be loved and respected as much as the living