酷兔英语

Requesting Samples

索取样品



Situation 情境描述



David calls Betty at H&T to request some samples.

大卫致电H&T公司的贝蒂,索取一些样品。



Dialogue 对话



David: I just received your new catalog, and I'm wondering if we can get a sample of one of your products.

大卫:我刚刚收到你们新的产品目录,不知道可否向你们索取其中一种产品的样品。



Betty: That's no problem. But there's a charge for the sample and shipping cost.

贝蒂:没问题。不过要收取样品费和运费。



David: OK. What if we place an order? Would we still have to pay the sample charge?

大卫:好的。如果我们要是下订单呢?我们也要付样品费吗?



Betty: Well, what item do you want a sample of?

贝蒂:嗯,你们想要哪个产品的样品?



David: The new HR624 computer speakers.

大卫:新的HR624型电脑音箱。



Betty: For that item, you would need to place an order of a hundred pieces or more to make it a free sample.

贝蒂:要是那个产品的话,你们就需要下100件或100件以上的订单,才能获得免费样品。



David: We would need to see a sample of the item first before we could make a decision on ordering it.

大卫:我们得先看看产品的样品,之后才能决定下订单。



Betty: Of course. If you receive the sample and then later decide to place an order, the sample charge will be deducted from the cost of the order.

贝蒂:当然。如果你们在收到样品后决定下订单,样品费会从订单的货款里扣除。



David: Oh, I see. OK, let's run with that.

大卫:噢,我明白了。好,我们就那么办吧。



Notes:

1. request a sample 索取样品

request vt.索求;要求

sample n.样品

商业广告中常见的"free samples are available upon request"的意思就是"可免费索取样品"。



We should request samples from the catalog to examine.

我们应该索取目录上的样品来检验一下。



2. place an order 下订单

order n.订单;所订的货物

"place"在此是动词,"place an order"表示"下订单",而"place an order for (something) with (someone)"的意思就是"向(某人)下(某物)的订单"。



When customers place an order with us, their order should be delivered within a week.

当客户向我们下订单时,他们的订货应该在一个星期内送到。



3. let's run with (something) 我们就照(某方法)去做吧

当事情谈到差不多,大家有一定的共识之后,或者决定要依照某个计划或某种方法去做时,便可以用上这句话。



I like Josh's plan. Let's run with it and see how it works.

我喜欢乔什的计划。我们就这么办吧,看看效果如何。
关键字:情景会话
生词表: