Telling about past experiences 叙谈体验
601. We went for a drive with Lucy and John on Sunday. 星期天我们和露西、约翰一起驾车出游。
602. We prepared a picnic lunch and drove down by the river. 我们准备了一顿野餐并乘车沿河而下。
603. At noon we stopped and found a shady place under some pine trees. 中午,我们停下来,在几棵松树下找了一块阴凉的地方。
604. The scenery there was so attractive and I won't forget it. 那里的风景太迷人了,我永远也忘不了。
605. On our way back home, we had a flat tire. 我们在回家的路上,车子的轮胎瘪了。
606. It was a bad day today. 今天真倒霉。
607. A strange thing happened to me this morning. 今天早上我碰到一件怪事。
608. I was crossing the street and was almost hit by a car. 我正在过大街时,差点被汽车撞着。
609. Fortunately, I jumped back in time to avoid being hit. 幸好,我往回跳得及时,才没有被撞倒。
610. I couldn't finish my work until half past eight and I was very tired when I got home. 我到8点半才结束工作,回到家时已经很累了。
611. I got a letter saying that my father was in hospital. 我收到一封信,说我父亲住院了。
612. I wish you could tell me more details about your trip. 你若能更详细地给我讲讲你的旅行情况就好了。
613. We used to have a lot of fun when we were that age. 当我们在那个年龄时,我们一向玩得很有趣。
614. I can't recall the exact circumstances. 我回忆不起确切的情况。
615. I never imagined that I would be working for IBM. 我从来没想到,有一天我居然会在IBM公司工作。
Asking about furniture and places to live 寻找家具和住房
616. I believe you take in foreign students. 我想你们是收外国学生寄宿的。
617. Yes, if you don't mind sharing. 是的,如果你不介意合住。
618. We're looking for a house to rent for the winter. 我们正在找一所房子,想租一个冬天。
619. Are you trying to find a furnished house? 你是想找一间有家具的房子吗?
620. This split-level house is for rent. It's a bargain. 这间错层平房是出租的,租金很便宜。
621. That house is for sale. It has central heating and a base room. 那间房子是出售的,房子里有暖气设备和地下室。
622. Would you please show me the floor plan of this house? 你可以让我看看这间房子的平面布置图吗?
623. They've already turned on the electricity. The house is ready. 他们已经接上电了,这间房子可以使用了。
624. The roof has leaks in it, and the front steps need to be fixed. 屋顶有漏洞,前台阶需要维修。
625. We've got to get a sofa and a dining room set for the house. 我们要为房子准备一张沙发和一套餐室设备。
626. Does the back door have a lock on it? 后门有锁吗?
627. I don't like the appearance of the floor. I need to wax it. 我不喜欢地板的样子,我要给它打蜡。
628. The house needs painting. It's in bad condition. 这间房子很破旧,需要油漆。
629. What style furniture do you like? Traditional ones or modern ones? 你喜欢什么式样的家具?老式的还是现代的?
630. We have drapes for the bedroom, but we need living-room curtains. 我们的卧室已经有窗帘了,但我们还需要起居室的窗帘。
Talking about things to wear 谈论衣着
631. What are you going to wear tomorrow? 明天你准备穿什么?
632. I am going to wear my white suit. Is that all right? 我准备穿我那套白衣服,你看行吗?
633. I have three suits to send to the cleaners. 我有三套衣服要送到洗衣店去干洗。
634. I have two pairs of trousers to send to the laundry. 我有两条裤子要送到洗衣房去湿洗。
635. I've got to get this dress washed and ironed. 我必须把这件衣服送去湿洗并熨一下。
636. You'd better wear a light jacket. It's chilly today. 你最好穿件薄夹克,今天有点凉。
637. You ought to have that coat cleaned and pressed. 你应该把那件外衣送去干洗并熨一下。
638. The skirt doesn't fit your daughter. It is too small. 那条裙子不合你女儿身,它太小了。
639. These shoes are worn-out. They've lasted a long time. 这些鞋子已经穿破了。它们已经穿了很长时间。
640. The students must wear their school uniforms from Monday to Friday. 学生们星期一到星期五都必须穿校服。
641. The little girl can't fasten the collar button. 那个小女孩系不上领扣。
642. After I came into the house, I put off my coat. 走进房子后,我脱下大衣。
643. I didn't notice you were wearing a new hat. 我没有注意到你戴了一顶新帽子。
644. Why don't you get dressed now? Hurry up! 你为什么还不穿好衣服?快点!
645. My son has outgrown that pair of shoes. 我儿子长大了,穿不下那双鞋了。
Discussing different points of view 讨论不同观点
646. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. 每个人都可以有他自己的想法。
647. I am sorry but I can't agree with you. 对不起,但我不能同意你的观点。 648. That's liberal point of view. 那是个开明的看法。
649. I disagree with you on that point. 在那一点上我与你意见不同。
650. Tell me your judgment in details please. 请把你的判断详细告诉我。
651. I don't see any point in discussing the question any further. 我认为没有任何必要进一步讨论这个问题。
652. You have your point of view, and I have mine. 你有你的观点,我有我的观点。
653. Please forgive me. I didn't mean to start an argument. 请原谅,我本不想挑起战争。
654. You approach it in a different way that I do. 你对待这个问题的态度和我不一样。
655. Our views are not so far apart, after all. 我们的见解毕竟没有多大的分歧。
656. We should be able to resolve our differences. 我们应该能够解决我们的分歧。
657. What alternatives do I have? 我又有什么选择呢?
658. We have opposite views on that. 我们对那个问题有相反的看法。
659. There are always two sides to everything. 每件事情都有两面性。
660. He seems to have a lot of strange ideas. 他似乎有许多奇怪的想法。
Thinking about possible future activities 考虑将来可能从事的活动
661. If it is fine tomorrow, I think I'll go boating. 如果明天天气好,我想去划船。
662. If it doesn't rain this weekend, will you go camping with us? 如果这个周末不下雨,你会和我们一起去露营吗?
663. If I get my work finished in time, I'll leave for Singapore Tuesday. 如果我能及时结束我的工作,我将于星期二去新加坡。
664. Suppose you couldn't spend Christmas with your family. How would you feel? 假如你不能和家人一起过圣诞,你将会觉得怎样?
665. As soon as I can, I'm going to change jobs. 一旦有可能,我就准备换一份工作。
666. We may be able to help you in some way. 我们也许可以从某个方面去帮助你。
667. What would you say if I told you our plan had been canceled? 倘若我告诉你,我们的计划已经被取消了,你会有什么意见?
668. One of these days, I'd like to take a vacation. 最近哪一天,我先休一次假。
669. My brother wants to be a scientist when he grows up. 我的兄弟长大后想当科学家。
670. If I buy that house, I'll have to borrow some money. 如果我要买那间房子,我就不得不借点钱。
671. If you were to attend the conference, what would you wear? 你要是去参加会议,你将穿什么衣服?
672. I hope I remember to ask the barber not to cut my hair too short. 我希望我能记得请理发师不要把我的头发剪得太短。
673. There's possibility she'll come, but it all depends on the weather. 她可能来,但这完全要看天气而定。
674. If I go there with you, I'll be back by seven. 如果我和你一起去,我会在7点钟以前回来的。
675. There's a chance he won't be able to be home for Thanksgiving Day. 也许他不能回家过感恩节。
Talking about past possibilities 谈论过去可能发生的事
676. What would you have done last night if you hadn't had to work? 昨天晚上你如果不是要工作的话,你本来会做什么?
677. I would have gone shopping if it hadn't rained. 如果不下雨,我本来要去买东西的。
678. If you had gotten up earlier, you would have caught the train. 如果你早一点起床,你本来是可以赶上火车的。
679. If I had written it down on my notebook, I would have worked it out correctly. 如果我把它记到笔记本上,我就可以把它正确算出来了。
680. She wouldn't have seen me if I hadn't waved to her. 如果我不向她招手,她不会看见我的。
681. I wish you had called me back the next day, as I had asked you to. 可惜你没有按照我的要求,在第二天给我回个电话。
682. If you had asked for directions, you wouldn't have got lost. 如果你问一下路,就不会走丢了。
683. If I had enough money, I would have bought that car. 如果我有足够的钱,我早就买下那辆车了。 684. Had I known you would come to see me, I wouldn't have gone to the cinema. 如果我知道你会来看我,我就不会去看电影了。
685. Even if we could have taken a vacation, we might not have wanted to. 即使我们可以休假,我们也可能不去休呢。
686. Everything would have been all right if you hadn't done that. 如果你没有那样做的话,一切都好办了。
687. If I had known you wanted to go, I would have called you. 如果我知道你想去,我本会叫你的。
688. Had I known you didn't have a key, I wouldn't have locked the door. 如果我知道你没有钥匙,我本不会锁门的。
689. He would have gone with me, but he was ill. 他本来要和我一起来的,但是他病了。
690. Looking back on it, I wish we hadn't given it up so easily. 回过头来看,我后悔我们不该这样轻易放弃的。
Asking about likes and dislikes 询问喜欢和不喜欢做的事
691. What is it you don't like about summer weather? 你不喜欢夏天的哪一点呢?
692. I don't like it when the weather gets real hot. 当夏天天气变得太热的时候我就不喜欢了。
693. I can't stand winter weather. 我不能忍受冬天的天气。
694. The thing I don't like about driving is all the traffic on the road. 我不喜欢开车的原因,就是路上车辆太多。
695. My father doesn't like the idea of going to bed late. 我父亲不赞成晚睡这种主张。
696. I like to play the piano, but I am not good at it. 我喜欢弹钢琴,但弹得不好。
697. I am afraid you are too particular about your food. 我看你太挑食了。
698. She seems to find faults with everything all the time. 她似乎总是对什么事情都爱挑毛病。
699. I don't like oranges even though I know it's good for my health. 我不喜欢吃橙子,虽然我知道它对我的健康有好处。
700. You have wonderful taste in furniture. 你在家具方面很有鉴赏力。
701. What's your favorite pastime? 你最喜欢的业余爱好是什么?
702. He doesn't like anything I do or say. 他对我所说的所做的一概不喜欢。
703. I didn't like the taste of the medicine, but I took it anyway. 我讨厌这种药的味道,但不管怎样我还是吃了。
704. What did you like best about the story? 这个故事你最喜欢的是什么? 705. Why do you dislike rock music so much? 你为什么这么讨厌摇滚乐呢?