1. Where does the man prefer to live?
A. In the city. B. In a foreign country. C. In the country.
2. Who is the man speaking
A. A secretary. B. An officer. C. An operator.
3. When will the plane take off?
A. At 9:45. B. At 11:15. C. At 10:15.
4. How is the management
of the company now?
A. Poor. B. Good. C. Just so-so.
5. What is the probablerelationship
between the two speakers?
A. Librarian and borrower. B. Teacher and students. C. Salesman and customer.
6. Where is the flat?
A. In the center of the city. B. Far from a busy road. C. Next to a park.
7. How many bedrooms does the house have?
A. Two. B. Three. C. Four.
8. Where does the conversation probably take place?
A. In the flat. B. On the phone. C. At an office.
9. Who is the woman going to have lunch with?
A. Tim. B. Alan. C. Nobody.
10. What is one of today’s specials?
A. Tomato soup. B. Sweet potatoes. C. A green salad.
11. What drink is the woman going to have?
A. Coca Cola. B. Wine. C. Mineral water.
12. What is the relationship
between the man and Susan?
A. He is her doctor. B. He is her professor. C. They are in the same class.
13. How far away does her brother live?
A. About 6 hours by train. B. About 6 hours by car. C. About 6 hours by plane.
14. What will Susan discuss with her professor?
A. Her brother’s illness. B. Making up an exam. C. Her test score.
15. What does the man like about his job?
A. His position. B. His pay. C. His teammates.
16. What does the man dislike
about being a baskeball player?
A. The training program. B. Big games C. Weeks of stay on the road.
17. What does the man think the result of tomorrow’s game will be?
A.His team is sure to get the cup.
B.His team is unlikely
to get the cup.
C.The Rockets has a big chance of winning.
18. Where is M.A.P. Advertising?
A. In London. B. Out of London. C. In the U.S.A.
19. Why has the woman decided
to give up her present job?
A.She has never liked working
B.She has found another job.
C.She’d like to do something different.
20. How long has the woman worked in M.A.P. Advertising?
A. 4 years. B. 4.5 years. C. Only 5 years.
21. ________________ be sent to work here?
A. Who do you suggest that should B. Who do you suggest
C. Do you suggest who would D. Do you suggest whom should
22. Johnson ___________ for 5 years for some reasons when he was young.
A. was put in prison B. was in the prison
C. got out of prison D. was in prison
23. Having been attacked by terrorists, _________.
A. doctors came to their rescue
B. the tall building collapsed
C. an emergencymeasure
was taken D. warning
were given to tourists
24. You must put your heart into what you are doing, or you ________ your aim.
A. never achieved B. will never achieve
C. have never achieved D. are never achieving
25. The moment she came back from work, she _______ to clean the kitchen thoroughly.
A. set out B. set about C. set off D. set up
26. He was in poor health, so the doctor ___________ him to drink wine.
A. hoped B. demanded C. forbade
27. There are many black clouds. It is _______ to rain again.
A. surely B. probable
C. likely D. possib