酷兔英语


Sue: Well, how did it go last night?

  苏:怎么样,昨天晚上怎么样?


  Rose: It went OK.


  苏:还好。


  Sue: What does that mean? Did you meet that young girl?


  苏:这是什么意思?你有没有见到那个小女孩?


  Rose: No, she 1) stood me up. And she didn't send me an e-mail to say why.


  柔丝: 没有,她放我鸽子,而且也没有寄电子邮件告诉我怎么回事。


  Sue:So did you go home?


  苏:所以你就回家了?


  Rose: No. I stayed to have a 2) drink.


  柔丝: 没有。我留下来喝了一杯。


  Sue:A drink? Do you mean an 3) alcoholic drink? But Rose, you don't drink!


  苏:喝一杯?你是说喝酒吗?但是,柔丝,你不喝酒啊!


  语言详解


  A: Are beverages included in the price?


  这个价钱有包括饮料吗?


  B: Yes. But only non-alcoholic ones.


  有。但是只限非酒精饮料。


  「to stand someone up 放(某人)鸽子」


  当你跟人约会,在约定的时间地点却没看到对方,就可以说I was stood up. 我被放鸽子。或是He stood me up.他放我鸽子。


  A: I waited for him for an hour! He never came!


  我等了他一个小时!他都没来!


  B: He stood you up again?


  他又放你鸽子了?


  A: Can't you go out with her another day?


  你不能改天再跟她出去吗?


  B: It's too late to cancel, and I don't want to stand her up.


  现在取消太迟了,而我不想放她鸽子。


  1) stand......up 放(某人)鸽子,跟(某人)约会却没有出现,stood 是 stand 的过去式。


  2) drink (n.,v.) 酒(饮料),喝(酒)


  3) alcoholic (a.) 酒精的


转贴于:考试大_实用英语
关键字:英语听力
生词表: