酷兔英语


Herbert: Oh, that's 1) music to my ears.

  赫伯特: 噢,这话听起来真是太悦耳了。


  Rose: It's really 2) chilly tonight.


  柔丝: 今天晚上蛮冷的。


  Herbert: Here, why don't you have my 3) jacket.


  赫伯特: 来,披上我的外套。


  Rose: Oh, thanks, Herb.


  柔丝: 谢谢你,赫伯。


  Herbert: Maybe I can put my arm around you......


  赫伯特: 或许我该搂着你......


  语言详解


  A: Here, try this jacket on.


  来,穿这件夹克试试。


  B: OK, just let me take off my sweater first.


  好,先让我把毛衣脱掉。


  「That's music to my ears. 我最爱听这种话了」


  这句话的意思就是That's what I like to hear. 表示对方说的话,正好是自己喜欢听的,一如天籁般的悦耳。


  A: I heard you're finishing up your dissertation this month.


  听说你们行销计划这个月就可以写完。


  B: Ahhh. Say that again. That's music to my ears.


  你再说一次。这话听起来真是太悦耳了。


  1) music (n.) 音乐,对话里指的是"悦耳的话"。


  2) Chilly (a.) 寒冷的


  3) jacket (n.) 短上衣,外套


关键字:英语听力
生词表: