唐:嗨,柔丝,我是唐。你大概不记得我了。
Rose: Don. You're Herb's friend. We met at your bar.
柔丝: 唐,你是赫伯的朋友嘛。我们在你的酒吧里见过。
Don: Right. Well, Herb just got a promotion. He's moving to Hsinchu.
唐:没错。嗯,赫伯刚升官。他要搬到新竹去了。
Rose: Oh, um, uhh......good for him.
柔丝: 哦,......他这样不错啊。
Don:So I'm having a surprise 1) farewell party for him. Please come!
唐:所以我要偷偷帮他办个欢送会。请务必要来!
Rose: When is it?
柔丝: 什么时候?
Don:It's next Friday at 8:00 p.m., at my bar. Bring friends if you want.
唐:下周五晚上八点,在我的酒吧里。假如你愿意的话,可以带朋友来。
语言详解
A: I hate to say farewell, but my plane is about to take off.
我最恨说再见,不过我的飞机快要起飞了。
B: See you next year!
明年见!
「probably 大概」
probably表示大概,是常见的口语。如:
A:I lost my wallet.
我的皮夹丢了。
B:Retrace your steps, and you'll probably find it.
循原路找回去,八成就能找到了。
A:We waited at the border for an hour.
我们在边界上等了一个小时。
B:That's probably due to newly tightened security.
那或许是因为最近安检比较严。
1) farewell (a.) 送别的