故事 Story
一个人让他的儿子帮他买盒火柴。不一会儿,儿子回来了。
One man sent his son to buy matches. After a short while the boy returned.
"儿子,你把火柴买回来了吗?"
"Have you bought me the matches?"
"爸爸,买回来啦。"
"Yes, dad."
"火柴怎么样?"
"How does it work?"
"特别好用,我已经一根一根试过啦。"
"Very well, because I have tried them one by one!"
词语注释 Note
火柴:(huǒ chái) n. match
盒:(hé) n. box
用:(yòng) v. use
根:(gēn) measure word
试:(shì) v. try
语言点Language Point
数量重叠结构作状语
Numeral-quantifier duplication structure
数量重叠结构可以在句子中作方式状语,起到一种描写的作用,表示这个动作先后地进行或者频繁多次地进行。这一结构后面还可以加上助词"地":
This form is used as the adverbial to indicate the ways in which an action takes place. It modifies the action happens in succession or is repeated for many times. Usually we can add an auxiliary word "地" after it:
这些衣服,你得一件一件洗。(先后进行)
You have to wash these clothes one after another. (indicate the action taking place in succession)
你应该五个五个地数,这样更快。(先后进行)
You should count them five by five. It's quicker. (indicate the action taking place in succession)
他一次一次骗你,你为什么还相信他?(频繁多次)
He has lied to you over and over again. Why do you still believe him? (indicate the action being repeated)
我一遍一遍地听这首歌,越听越好听。(频繁多次)
I listen to this song again and again, and find it more beautiful. (indicate the action being repeated)
在文章中,儿子说的"一根一根",就是表达的这样的语法意义,意思是"一根接着一根"。 有时候,数量结构后面也可以跟名词:
In the story, when the boy says "一根一根(one by one)", he means he has struck one match after another in the box to make sure that they work easily. Sometimes, nouns can also be used after the reduplicated numeral-quantifier structure:
你这样一个房间一个房间地找,什么时候能找到啊?
You searched the rooms one by one like this. When on earth can you find it?
你只有一个字一个字地读,才能读懂这篇文章。
You have to read the article word by word to get its essence.