酷兔英语

SCENE⑥ B 星期六晚上七点 在公园散步



【这才叫浪漫】







Sue: Flowers. Now that's romantic.



苏: 花。这才叫浪漫。







Rose: They're plastic and will never die. They're 1) supposed to be a symbol of endless love.



柔丝: 它们是塑胶的,永不凋谢。那些花象征永恒的爱。







Sue: The two of you were 2) definitely 3) made for each other. Thank God, my match-making work is over...Now 4) it's your turn.



苏: 你们两个真是天造地设的一对。谢天谢地,我不用再牵红线了......现在换你了。



Rose: What?



柔丝: 换我干嘛?







Sue: Do you have Don's number?



苏: 你有唐的电话吗?





语言详解







A: When were you supposed to pay your rent?



你本该何时付房租?







B: Last week I'm five days late.



上星期,我晚了五天。







【Now that's romantic. 这才叫浪漫】







Now that's...这样的句型所表达的意思,类似中文里头"这才像话"或是"这倒也说得过去"的语气。







A: I'm late to work because I had to take my child to school.



我是因为送小孩子上学才会上班迟到。



B: Now that's not a bad excuse. But I don't want to see you late again!



这个借口倒还不坏。但我不想再看到你迟到了!







1) be supposed to... 应该是......



2) definitely (adv.) 绝对地



3) made for each other 绝配,天生一对



4) it's your turn 该你了
关键字:实用英语
生词表: