Merry Christmas!(圣诞快乐!)
The same to you!(也祝你生日快乐!)
Are you doing anything special?(你们有什么特别的安排吗?)
We're having some friends over. What are you doing?(我们打算请几位朋友来玩.你打算干什么呢?)
Oh, I'm just going to take it easy.(哦,我只想休息休息.)
Happy New Year!(新年快乐!)
Thank you! Same to you.(谢谢.你也一样.)
Have you got any plans?(你有什么计划吗?)
I've bee invited over[邀请]to a friend's. And you?(有个朋友请我去作客.你呢?)
My roommate's having a party.(我的室友安排了一个聚会.)
Have a nice Thanksgiving!(感恩节快乐!)
Same to you!(也祝你快乐!)
Are you going anywhere?(你打算上哪儿去玩?)
I thought about going to my sister's. How about you?(我想去姐姐家玩.你呢?)
Oh, I'll probably[几乎肯定;很可能;大概]just stay home.(哦,我可能就呆在家里了.)
I haven't seen you for age. You haven't been sick, have you?(好久不见.你不是病了吧?)
No. I've been in California for the past month.(没有.我刚到加利福尼亚去了一个月.)
How nice. Where were you exactly?(太好了。那你究竟去哪儿啦?)
San Diego. I got back yesterday.(圣地亚哥.我昨天才回来.)
It's nice to see you again. Have you changed jobs?(又见到你很高兴。你换了工作了吗?)
No. I've been visiting relatives.(没有.我走亲戚去了.)
That's nice. Where?(好啊.去哪儿了?)
I went to visit an uncle of mine in San Francisco.(我去旧金山看望一个叔叔.)
You haven't been around much lately,have you?(你近来不大出来走动了,是吧?)
No. I have been away on vacation.(是呀。我休假去了。)
Oh? Where were you?(哦,上哪儿去了?)
Palm Springs. I've got a cousin there.(棕榈泉。我有个表兄在那儿。)
Well, hello, stranger! Have you moved something?(唷,你好,久违了。你是迁居了还是怎么样啦?)
No. I went to California for a few weeks.(没有。我上加利福尼亚去了几个星期。)
Oh, really? Where did you go?(哦,真好?去哪儿了?)
Los Angeles. I stayed with my brother.(落杉矶。上我兄弟家去了。)
I've come to say goodbye.我是来告别的。
When are you off?你什么时候动身?
I'm flying home on Sunday afternoon.我星期四下午乘飞机回家。
Well, goodbye. See you soon.那么,再见。后会有期。
Please don't forget to say goodbye to the rest of the family for me.请别忘了代我向你的家人告别。
I'd like to say goodbye to everyone.我要向诸位告别了。
What time are you going?你什么时候走?
My plane leaves at 7:25.我乘的飞机7点25分起飞。
Well, goodbye and have a good trip!那么,再见,祝你一路顺风。
Goodbye. Remember to look me up if you're ever in Washington.再见。要是你光临华盛顿的话,别忘了来看我。
I'm
calling to say goodbye.我大电话向你告别来了。When do you leave?你何时起程?
I'm catching the 11:00 train.我准备赶11点火车。
Take care of yourself and don't forget to keep in touch.多多保重。别忘了保持联系。
Goodbye. Thanks again for everything.再见了,再次感谢你所做的一切。
I just dropped in to say goodbye.我只是来告别的。
What time are you leaving?你几点钟走?
I'm going to try to leave by 10:00.我争取10点以前离开。
Take care and give my by best to your parents.多保重,代我向你的父母问候。
Goodbye. Hope to see you again next year.再见。希望明年再见到你。
I'd better be going.我得告辞了。
So soon? Why don't you stay a little longer?这么早就走了?为什么不呆一会呢?
I wish I could, but it's already late.我是想多呆一会儿,但是时间已经很晚了。
Oh, it's a shame that you have to leave.哦,真遗憾,你非走不可呀。
Thank you for a wonderful meal.谢谢你的美餐。
I really must be going now.现在我真的该告辞了。
But you just got here. Can't you stay a little longer?不过你刚来呀。不能再呆一会了吗?
That's very nice of you, but I really can't.谢谢你的好意,但是我实在不能再呆了。
Well, it's too bad that you have to go.哦,真遗憾,你一定要走。
Thanks very much. It was a great party!非常感谢。这次聚会好极了。
It was our pleasure.这是我们的荣幸。
I think it's about time we got going.我想差不多是该告辞的时候了。
What? Already? Won't you have more coffee?怎么,已经要走了?要不要再喝点咖啡?
I'd love to, but I have to get up early tomorrow.我是很想再喝一点,但我明天得起早。
Oh! I'm sorry. I wish you could stay.哦,真遗憾,要是你能多呆一会儿该多好。
Thank you for a very enjoyable evening.谢谢你,今晚过得真愉快。
Don't mention it. I hope you can come again soon.不用谢,希望你不久能再来。
I really should be on my way.我真的该告辞了。
Oh, not yet! At least have one for the road.哦,还不到时候,至少再喝一杯,以表送行。
No. Thanks all the same.不喝了。不过还是得谢谢你。
Well, I'm sorry you have to leave so early.哦,很遗憾,你非得这么早走不可。
Thank you very much. We really had a good time.非常感谢你。我确实玩得很痛快。
Well, thank you for coming.唷,谢谢你的光临。
I'm sorry, but I didn't catch what you said.对不起,我没有听明白你的话。
I said, "Do you want me to help you?"我是说:"你要我帮忙吗?"
If you're sure you're not in a hurry, I can use a little help.如果你真的不忙的话,我可能要你帮个小忙。
Would you like me to get you a cab?要我替你叫出租汽车吗?
I beg your pardon?对不起,请再说一遍。
I said, "Do you need any help?"我是说:"你需要帮忙吗?"
That's very nice of you. I guess I could use some help.谢谢你的好意。我想我可能要一点帮助。
Just tell me what you'd like me to do.你要我做什么就请你吩咐吧。
What was that?你说什么来着?
I said, "Is there anything I can do?"我是说:"我能为你做点什么吗?"
If it's not too much trouble, I would like some help.如果你不嫌麻烦的话,我想请你帮个忙。
It's no trouble at all. I'll carry this
suitcase for you.一点也不麻烦,我来替你提这只箱子。
Excuse me? I didn't hear what you said.对不起,我没有听清你说的话。
I asked you if you wanted some help.我是问你是否需要帮忙。
If you wouldn't mind, I could use a hand.如果你不介意的话,我可能要你帮个忙。
I'll get this bag for you.我来替你拿这个包吧。
Is there any chance of my borrowing your typewriter?能不能借用一下你的打字机?
For how long?要借多久?
Until the end of the week.借到周末。
Yes, I guess that would be all right.行,我想没问题。
would you mind if I borrowed your car?我想借用一下你的汽车可以吗?
Well, when exactly?哦,具体什么时候?
Until Monday or Tuesday of next week.借到下周一或周二。
I'm sorry, but it's just not possible.抱歉,实在是爱莫能助。
Do you think you could lend me some of your records/CDs?请问你能借我几张唱片吗?
Until when?借到什么时候?
Oh, just over the holidays.哦,就过完假期。
I'm not sure. I'll have to think about it.我现在不敢说定,我得考虑一下。
I was wondering if you'd let me stay with you for a few days.不知道你能否让我在你这里住几天。
It really depends on when.那得看什么时候。
Until next weekend,if that's OK.如果行的话,住到下个周末。
Let me think it over,and I'll let you know later.让我考虑一下,回头再告诉你吧。
What a beautiful sweater!多漂亮的毛衣!
Do you think it looks good on me?你看我穿着好看吗?
Yes,and it goes
beautifully with your pants.好看,配上你的这条裤子美极了。
You won't believe it,but it was really cheap.你不会相信的,但这条裤子确实很便宜。
I wish I could find one just like it.要是我也能碰到这样一件就好了。
I like your new coat.我喜欢你的新外套。
Do you think it fits OK?你看合身吗?
Yes.It looks terrific!很合身,看上去好极了。I bought it at half price.我花了半价买来的。You were lucky to find it.你的运气真好。
That's a very nice jacket.这件茄克衫真漂亮呀!
Does it really look OK?看上去真的不错吗?
Yes,and I like the color too.It matches your hat.是的,我也喜欢这颜色。和你的帽子很相配。
And I got it on sale.我在大减价时买的。That's incredible!简直难以相信!
I love that shirt.我喜欢这件衬衫。
Do you really like it?你真的喜欢吗?
Yes,it fits perfectly.是的,合身极了。
It wasn't very expensive either.而且也不太贵。
That's amazing! I t sure looks expensive.真想不到!看上去肯定以为很贵。
I'm afraid I spilled coffee on the tablecloth.对不起,我把咖啡洒到桌布上了。
Oh,don't worry about it.哦,别担心。
I want to apologize.Is there anything I can do?我要道歉。我能想点什么办法吗?
Just forget about it.I never did like it anyway.别把这件事放在心上。我本来就不喜欢这桌布。
I'm really sorry, but I seem to have misplaced your scarf.真对不起,我忘记把你的围巾对丢在什么地方了。
Oh, that's all right.哦,没关系。
I'm very sorry. Can I get you another one?非常抱歉。能不能另外给你买一条呢?
No. Forget about it. It's not important.哪儿的话,别提这件事了,那不算什么。
I'm sorry, but I can't find the book you lent me.很抱歉!我找不到你借给我的那本书了。
That's OK.没关系。
I really feel bad about it. Let me buy you a new one.我真为这件事感到遗憾。我给你买一本新的吧。
No. Don't be silly. I wouldn't dream of letting you do that.不,别说傻话了。我绝不会想到让你那样做的。
I feel terrible, but I've just broken your ashtray.真是很抱歉,我刚才打破了你的烟灰缸。
It's nothing to get upset about.没什么,用不着烦恼。
I don't know what to say. I'd like to replace it.我不知说什么好。我赔一个新的给你。
No. It's out of the question.哪儿的话,根本谈不上赔。
I wish you wouldn't play the TV so loud.希望你不要把电视机开得这么响。
Sorry. Were you
trying to sleep?对不起。你想睡觉吗?
Yes. And while I think of it, please ask when you want to borrow my records/CDs.是的。还有,随便想起一件事,要是你想借用我的唱片,请先问一声。
I'm sorry. You're right. I should have asked.对不起。你说得对,我本该先问一声的。
Do you think you could keep the noise down?你看能不能小声一些?
I'm sorry. Am I keeping you awake?对不起。我吵得你睡不着了吗?
Yes. And another thing, would you mind not making long distance calls?是的。还有一件事,请你别打长途电话了,好吗?
I'm sorry. I thought you wouldn't mind.对不起,我还以为你不在乎呢。
That radio's pretty loud. Could you turn it down, please?收音机太响了,你能把声音开小一点吗?
Sorry. Was I disturbing you?对不起,我刚才打扰你了吗?
Yes. And something else, please don't borrow my clothes without asking.是的。还有一件事,没问过我,请别拿我的衣服。
Sorry, I guess I wasn't thinking. I won't do it again.对不起。我对这事没想过,下次不这样了。
You don't have to play that record/CD so loud, do you?你不一定要把唱片放得那么响,对吧?
I'm sorry. Has it been bothering you?对不起,打扰你了?
Yes. And please ask me the next time you want to use something.是的。另外,如果下次要用什么东西,请先问我一声。
I'm sorry. I meant to ask you.对不起。我本想问你的。
Beautiful day, isn't it?今天天气真好,是不是?
Yes, it's not like what the radio said at all.是的,一点也不像收音机里说的那样。
I wish it would stay this way for the weekend.但愿整个周末都能保持这样的好天气。
As long as it doesn't snow!只要不下雪就行啊!
It seems to be
clearing up.看来天要放晴了。
It's such a nice change.真实令人高兴的转变。
I really don't think this weather will last.我确实认为这样的好天长不了。
Let's just hope it doesn't get cold again.但愿不会再冷。
It looks like it's going to be sunny.今天看来像是个晴天。
Yes, it's much better than yesterday.是的,比昨天好多了。
They say we're going to get some rain later.据说待会儿要下雨。
Oh, let's just hope it stays warm.哦,我只希望一直暖和下去。
I think it's going to be a nice day.我想今天会是一个好天。
It's certainly a big improvement over yestterday.肯定比昨天大有好转。
But it's supposed to get cloudy and windy again this afternoon.但是,据说今天下午又要转阴刮风了。
Well, the worst of the winter should be over.不过,冬天最糟糕的一段日子总该过去了。
关键字:
市民英语生词表: