旧约 -- 约伯记(Job) -- 第 31 章 ( 本篇共有 42 章 )
31:1 我与眼睛立约,怎能恋恋瞻望处女呢。
I made a
covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?
31:2 从至上的神所得之分,从至高全能者所得之业,是什么呢。
For what portion of God is there from above? and what
inheritance of the Almighty from on high?
31:3 岂不是祸患临到不义的,灾害临到作孽的呢。
Is not destruction to the wicked? and a strange punishment to the workers of
iniquity?
31:4 神岂不是察看我的道路,数点我的脚步呢。
Doth not he see my ways, and count all my steps?
31:5 我若与虚谎同行,脚若追随诡诈。
If I have walked with vanity, or if my foot hath hasted to
deceit;
31:6 我若被公道的天平称度,使神可以知道我的纯正。
Let me be weighed in an even balance that God may know mine
integrity.
31:7 我的脚步若偏离正路,我的心若随着我的眼目,若有玷污粘在我手上。
If my step hath turned out of the way, and mine heart walked after mine eyes, and if any blot hath cleaved to mine hands;
31:8 就愿我所种的有别人吃,我田所产的被拔出来。
Then let me sow, and let another eat; yea, let my offspring be rooted out.
31:9 我若受迷惑,向妇人起淫念,在邻舍的门外蹲伏。
If mine heart have been deceived by a woman, or if I have laid wait at my neighbour's door;
31:10 就愿我的妻子给别人推磨,别人也与她同室。
Then let my wife grind unto another, and let others bow down upon her.
31:11 因为这是大罪,是审判官当罚的罪孽。
For this is an heinous crime; yea, it is an
iniquity to be punished by the judges.
31:12 这本是火焚烧,直到毁灭,必拔除我所有的家产。
For it is a fire that consumeth to destruction, and would root out all mine increase.
31:13 我的仆婢与我争辩的时候,我若藐视不听他们的情节。
If I did despise the cause of my manservant or of my maidservant, when they contended with me;
31:14 神兴起,我怎样行呢。他察问,我怎样回答呢。
What then shall I do when God riseth up? and when he visiteth, what shall I answer him?
31:15 造我在腹中的,不也是造他吗。将他与我抟在腹中的,岂不是一位吗。
Did not he that made me in the womb make him? and did not one fashion us in the womb?
31:16 我若不容贫寒人得其所愿,或叫寡妇眼中失望,
If I have
withheld the poor from their desire, or have caused the eyes of the widow to fail;
31:17 或独自吃我一点食物,孤儿没有与我同吃。
Or have eaten my
morsel myself alone, and the fatherless hath not eaten thereof;
31:18 (从幼年时孤儿与我同长,好像父子一样。我从出母腹就扶助寡妇)。(扶助原文作引领)
(For from my youth he was brought up with me, as with a father, and I have guided her from my mother's womb;)
31:19 我若见人因无衣死亡,或见穷乏人身无遮盖。
If I have seen any perish for want of clothing, or any poor without covering;
31:20 我若不使他因我羊的毛得暖,为我祝福。
If his loins have not
blessed me, and if he were not warmed with the
fleece of my sheep;
31:21 我若在城门口见有帮助我的,举手攻击孤儿。
If I have lifted up my hand against the fatherless, when I saw my help in the gate:
31:22 情愿我的肩头从缺盆骨脱落,我的膀臂从羊矢骨折断。
Then let mine arm fall from my shoulder blade, and mine arm be broken from the bone.
31:23 因神降的灾祸使我恐惧。因他的威严,我不能妄为。
For destruction from God was a terror to me, and by reason of his
highness I could not endure.
31:24 我若以黄金为指望,对精金说,你是我的倚靠。
If I have made gold my hope, or have said to the fine gold, Thou art my confidence;
31:25 我若因财物丰裕,因我手多得资财而欢喜。
If I rejoiced because my wealth was great, and because mine hand had
gotten much;
31:26 我若见太阳发光,明月行在空中,
If I beheld the sun when it shined, or the moon walking in
brightness;
31:27 心就暗暗被引诱,口便亲手。
And my heart hath been
secretly enticed, or my mouth hath kissed my hand:
31:28 这也是审判官当罚的罪孽,又是我背弃在上的神。
This also were an
iniquity to be punished by the judge: for I should have denied the God that is above.
31:29 我若见恨我的遭报就欢喜,见他遭灾便高兴。
If I rejoiced at the destruction of him that hated me, or lifted up myself when evil found him:
31:30 (我没有容口犯罪,咒诅他的生命)
Neither have I suffered my mouth to sin by wishing a curse to his soul.
31:31 若我帐棚的人未尝说,谁不以主人的食物吃饱呢。
If the men of my
tabernacle said not, Oh that we had of his flesh! we cannot be satisfied.
31:32 (从来我没有容客旅在街上住宿,却开门迎接行路的人)
The stranger did not lodge in the street: but I opened my doors to the traveller.
31:33 我若像亚当(或作别人)遮掩我的过犯,将罪孽藏在怀中。
If I covered my transgressions as Adam, by hiding mine
iniquity in my bosom:
31:34 因惧怕大众,又因宗族藐视我使我惊恐,以致闭口无言,杜门不出。
Did I fear a great multitude, or did the
contempt of families
terrify me, that I kept silence, and went not out of the door?
31:35 惟愿有一位肯听我。(看哪,在这里有我所划的押,愿全能者回答我)
Oh that one would hear me! behold, my desire is, that the Almighty would answer me, and that mine
adversary had written a book.
31:36 愿那敌我者,所写的状词在我这里,我必带在肩上,又绑在头上为冠冕。
Surely I would take it upon my shoulder, and bind it as a crown to me.
31:37 我必向他述说我脚步的数目,必如君王进到他面前。
I would declare unto him the number of my steps; as a prince would I go near unto him.
31:38 我若夺取田地,这地向我喊冤,犁沟一同哭泣。
If my land cry against me, or that the furrows likewise thereof complain;
31:39 我若吃地的出产不给价值,或叫原主丧命。
If I have eaten the fruits thereof without money, or have caused the owners thereof to lose their life:
31:40 愿这地长蒺藜代替麦子,长恶草代替大麦。约伯的话说完了。
Let thistles grow instead of wheat, and cockle instead of
barley. The words of Job are ended.
关键字:
约伯记生词表: