旧约 -- 约伯记(Job) -- 第 32 章 ( 本篇共有 42 章 )
32:1 于是这三个人,因约伯自以为义就,不再回答他。
So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was
righteous in his own eyes.
32:2 那时有布西人,兰族巴拉迦的儿子,以利户向约伯发怒。因约伯自以为义,不以神为义。
Then was kindled the wrath of Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the
kindred of Ram: against Job was his wrath kindled, because he justified himself rather than God.
32:3 他又向约伯的三个朋友发怒。因为他们想不出回答的话来,仍以约伯为有罪。
Also against his three friends was his wrath kindled, because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job.
32:4 以利户要与约伯说话,就等候他们,因为他们比自己年老。
Now Elihu had waited till Job had spoken, because they were elder than he.
32:5 以利户见这三个人口中无话回答,就怒气发作。
When Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of these three men, then his wrath was kindled.
32:6 布西人,巴拉迦的儿子,以利户回答说,我年轻,你们老迈。因此我退让,不敢向你们陈说我的意见。
And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said, I am young, and ye are very old;
wherefore I was afraid, and durst not shew you mine opinion.
32:7 我说,年老的当先说话。寿高的当以智慧教训人。
I said, Days should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom.
32:8 但在人里面有灵,全能者的气使趟有聪明。
But there is a spirit in man: and the
inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
32:9 尊贵的不都有智慧。寿高的不都能明白公平。
Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment.
32:10 因此我说,你们要听我言,我也要陈说我的意见。
Therefore I said, Hearken to me; I also will shew mine opinion.
32:11 你们查究所要说的话。那时我等候你们的话,侧耳听你们的辩论。
Behold, I waited for your words; I gave ear to your reasons,
whilst ye searched out what to say.
32:12 留心听你们。谁知你们中间无一人折服约伯,驳倒他的话。
Yea, I attended unto you, and, behold, there was none of you that convinced Job, or that answered his words:
32:13 你们切不可说,我们寻得智慧。神能胜他,人却不能。
Lest ye should say, We have found out wisdom: God thrusteth him down, not man.
32:14 约伯没有向我争辩。我也不用你们的话回答他。
Now he hath not directed his words against me: neither will I answer him with your speeches.
32:15 他们惊奇不再回答,一言不发。
They were amazed, they answered no more: they left off
speaking.
32:16 我岂因他们不说话,站住不再回答,仍旧等候呢。
When I had waited, (for they spake not, but stood still, and answered no more;)
32:17 我也要回答我的一分话,陈说我的意见。
I said, I will answer also my part, I also will shew mine opinion.
32:18 因为我的言语满怀。我里面的灵激动我。
For I am full of matter, the spirit within me constraineth me.
32:19 我的胸怀如盛酒之囊,没有出气之缝,又如新皮袋快要破裂。
Behold, my belly is as wine which hath no vent; it is ready to burst like new bottles.
32:20 我要说话,使我舒畅。我要开口回答。
I will speak, that I may be refreshed: I will open my lips and answer.
32:21 我必不看人的情面,也不奉承人。
Let me not, I pray you, accept any man's person, neither let me give
flattering titles unto man.
32:22 我不晓得奉承。若奉承,造我的主必快快除灭我。
For I know not to give
flattering titles; in so doing my maker would soon take me away.
关键字:
约伯记生词表: