故事 Story
一个警察看到一个小孩儿在路口站了很长时间,但是一直没有过马路。
警察问:"孩子,你需要帮助吗?"
"我想过马路,但妈妈说,要等车过去后我才能过马路。"小孩儿回答,"可是我等了这么久,一辆车都没有。"
A policeman saw a child standing at an intersection for a long time but didn't cross the street.
He asked the child: "Anything I can do for you, kid?"
The child replied: "I want to cross the street, but my mother told me I have to wait until all the cars had passed. I have waited for a long time and haven't seen a single car passing by."
词语注释 Note
警察:(jǐngchá) n. policeman
站:(zhàn) v. stand
过马路:(guò mǎlù) vp. cross the road
需要:(xūyào) v. need
等:(děng) v. wait
久:(jiǔ) adj. for a long time
辆:(liàng) m.w. measureword for vehicle
语言点Language Point
动词+时间补语:这一结构表示做一件事持续的时间。
The structure "verb + complement of time" indicates the duration of an action.
1、单独动词的时间补语 动词+时间补语
a bare-verb + complement of time
1) 我站了很长时间。
I have stood here for quite a while.
2) 从这儿到那儿要走十分钟。
It takes ten minutes to walk there.
3) 我每天早上都要跑半个小时。
I run for half an hour every morning.
2、 离合词的时间补语1 动词+时间补语+宾语
Separable-verb + complement of time + object
1) 我已经说了三个小时话了。
I have kept talking for three hours.
2) 昨天我洗了半天衣服。
I washed my clothes for a long time yesterday.
3) 我想睡一会儿觉。
I want to sleep for a while.
3、离合词的时间补语2: 动词+宾语+重复的动词+时间补语
Separable-verb + object + repeated verb + complement of time
这个结构的时间补语应当是过去时,比上一个结构更强调时间。
The time phrase in this structure indicates the past but it emphasizes more on the time spent than the second one.
1) 我昨晚睡觉只睡了三个小时。
Last night I slept only three hours.
2) 我们吃饭吃了四个小时。
Our dinner lasted as long as four hours.
3) 上个周末我洗衣服就洗了半天。
I have spent quite a long time in washing clothes last week.