酷兔英语

章节正文
文章总共2页
The Legend washing machine has a great sale on account of its after-sale service.

4 由于那部电影大获成功,它的插曲也很受欢迎。

Since that film scores a great success, its interlude songs are also much sought after.

5 杨教授搬家时,把许多书给了学生。

When Professor Yang was moving house, he gave away many of his books to his students.

6 乔治喜欢把自己的过失归咎于别人。

George likes blaming others for anything be himself has done wrong.

7 仅仅过了半年,他就厌倦了公司职员的工作。

Only after half a year, he was tired of working as a clerk in the company.

8 我的教授不许我在圣诞节期间在实验室工作。

My professor would not hear of my working in the laboratory during Chiristmas.

9 我现在不能作出任何承担,但是我会考虑这件事的。

I cannot give any commitment at the moment, but I will see about it.

10 他破产了,只得求助于朋友的资助。

He went bankrupt and had to go to his friends for financial help.

Use find, talk and get

1 在我桌上我发现了一个寻呼机。是你的吗?

I found a beeper on my desk. Is that yours?

2 平安到达后请给我来个电话。

Please gibe me a phone call when you get to the place safe.

3 我已经替你找到了一套带有家具的公寓。

I have already found a furnished apartment for you

4 关于如何改善雇员的工作条件,他们谈了几个小时。

They talked for hours about how to improve the employees' working conditions

5 你去超市时能把我买两个柯达胶卷吗?

Would you please get two Kodak roll films for me when you go to the supermarket?

6 我发现住在乡下是一种很有趣的经历。

I find that living in the countryside is an interesting experience.

7 你得想办法找人把漏水的龙头修好。

You have to find someone who can fix the dripping tap.

8 我到家,发现爷爷在自言自语。

When I got home, I found my grandpa was talking to himself.

9 老师告诉他他儿子在考试中作弊,他很生气。

When the teacher told him that his son cheated at the exam, he was very angry.

10 同事门到达之前,他就把一切都准备好了。

Before his colleague arrived, he had got everything ready.

11医生们发现每天喝点酒的人要比那些从不喝酒的人健康。

Doctor find that those who drink a little very day are more healthy than those who never drink.

12光说没有用,咱们还是开始干吧!

There is no point in talking, so let's go into action!

Translate the following sentences into English ,using object complement.

1 我今天必须让人给我修电脑。

I have to have my computer repaired today.

2 你为什么劝她去做那件事?

Why did you persuade her to do that thing?

3 妈妈发现孩子在自行车上熟睡着。

The mother found her child sleeping soundly on the bike

4 我没注意到他在大厅等我 。

I didn't notice him waiting for me in the hall.

5 他们把我们当贵宾招待。

They treated me as a distinguished guest.

6 他自我介绍说他是从英国来的音乐家。

He introduced himself to me as a musician from Britain.

7 孩子们总是把他们的父母看成是世界上最了不起的人。

Children always consider their parents are the greatest people in the world.

8 他努力想说明自己的观点。

He tried to make his ideas clear.

Translate the following sentences into English, using noun clauses.

1 没有人问我们谁该来干这个工作。

Nobody asked us which one of us should do this work.

2 他最喜欢的事情就是跟人家开玩笑。

What he enjoys most is making fun of others.

3 家就是你的家人和朋友在的地方。

Your home is where your family had friends are.

4 你最喜欢那个候选人就投哪个候选人的票。

You may vote whichever of the candidates you like best.

5 不管是谁跟你说的这件事,都是在撒谎。

Whoever told you this was lying

6我会不会来参加讨论,那是另一回事。

Whether I take part in the discussion or not is another matter.

LESSON8

点燃香烟 to light a cigarette 装上镜框 to frame a picture一堆旧衣 a heap of old clothes变成碎片to fall in bits 情绪饱满 to be in high spirits自言自语 to say to oneself支付利息 to pay the interest捧腹大笑 to shake one's sides with laughter真诚道歉 sincere apologies满脸通红 one's face flushed bright red发表演说 to make a speech搓手 to rub one's hands together私事private affairs

1 愿意和我一起步行上山吗?

Would you care for a walk up the hill with me?

2 在地震中,我心爱的瓷瓶从橱柜里掉下来,摔的粉碎。

During the earthquake, my favourite china bottle fell from the cupboard, breaking to bits.

3 德国人入侵以后,我的老师死也不肯再教德文了。

Since the invasion of the German, my teacher would never teach German for anything.

4 在他们父亲的葬礼上,兄弟两个人为死者的钱财争论不休,当众出丑。

At their father's funeral, the two brothers kept arguing with each other about the dead man's money, thus making fools of themselves.

5 这份报告第一论点不明确,第二论据也不充分。

To begin with, the argument of this report is not clear, and second, the grounds of the argument are not sufficient.

6在他最后的日子里,吉米虽然很虚弱,但依旧情绪饱满。

Although Jimmy was very weak in his last days, he was still in high spirits.

7 汤母无意伤害你,他只是实话实说罢了。

Tom did not mean to hurt you; he was just telling the truth.

8当三位世界著名男高音出现在舞台上时,整个音乐大厅爆发出掌声。

When the three internationally known tenors appeared on the stage, the entire concert hall burst into applause.

9在牛津大学当访问学者时,他有幸会见了不少的大科学家。

During his stay at Oxford University as a visiting scholar, he had the honour to meet quite many great scientists.

10 休吉叫了起来:"我绝对没有想到那老模特是个百万富翁。

Hughie cried:"It never entered my mind that the old model was a millionaire."

1 我看了看四周,但在黑暗里我什么也看不见。

I looked around, but I could see nothing in the darkness.

2 他把这些年来所搜集的珍贵邮票拿给朋友看。

He showed his friends the precious stamps which he has collected these years.

3 我不明白你是什么意思。你为什么不告诉我真相?

I don't understand what you meant. Why didn't you tell me the truth?

4 她教了我好几次怎样使用这台新洗衣机,可我总记不住。

She showed me how to use this new washing-machine for several times, but I still can not remember.

5 他告诉我他第二天不能来开会,他要照顾生病的母亲。

He told me that he couldn't attend the meeting the next day because he would have to look after his sick mother.

6 这家人刚搬到这个镇子上来的时候,那位母亲叫孩子们天黑以后不要外出。

When this family first moved to the town, the mother told her children not to go outdoors after dark.

7 他坚持把我送到公共汽车总站。

He insisted on seeing me to the bus tenminal

8 下星期天这部电影还要在电视上重播。

This film will be shown on TV next Sunday.

9 老师可以看得出吉母对他的分数不是很高兴。

The teacher may see Jim quite unhappy about his score.

10 导游把客人领去看鲁迅出生的那个房间。

The guide showed the tourists to the room where Luxun was born.

11 许多城里人分不清水稻苗和杂草。

Many urban people can not tell rice seedling from weeds.

12 他摇了摇头,公开表示了他与经理的观点不同。

He shook his head, openly showing his different point of view from his mananer.

1 他太急于求成。

He was too impatient for success.

2 人们普遍认为许多下岗妇女的最大弱点就是缺少信心。

It is generally believed that the greatest shortcoming of many unemployed women is the lack of confidence.

3 大家高兴地发现,一切都很正常。

To everybody's delight, everything is normal.

4 这就是我对他投了反对票的原因。

That is why I voted against him.

5 我们认为这是一个危险的步骤。

We believe that this is a dangerous step.

6 玛力的问题就是她从不愿自立独立做事情。

Mary's problem is that she is never willing to do things independently.

7 我的位置在中国,那里正处在现代化过程中,急需有决心、有知识的人。

My position is in China which is undergoing modernization and is badly in need of determined and well-educated persons.

8 这就是我在西藏的所见所闻,令人深受鼓舞。

This is what I saw and heard in Tibet, and it's very inspiring.

9 伽利略不体面地离开家乡,多年以后他回来时是一位倍受敬仰的科学家。

Galileo left his hometown in disgrace, any many years later when he returned, he was a much respected scientist.

10 克里斯的母亲坚信,她的儿子生子生来残疾,但不是生来白痴。

Christ's mother firmly believed that her son was born disabled, but not an idiot.

LESSON 9

Use the verb + noun or adj. + noun collocation.

取消航班 to cancel the flight得到许可 to get permission值得一试 to be worth a try缓和紧张 to relieve the tension以身冒险 to tempt fate盖上印章 to put a seal on 如释重负 to feel relief送报/牛奶 to deliver newspaper/ milk 扣押某物 to seize something入境签证 entrance visa出境签证 exit visa交通堵塞 traffic jam个人物品 personal belongings冲马桶 to flush the toilet

use the "useful expression".

1 一场隧道大火使进城的交通中断了近一个星期。

The traffic to the city had been held up for nearly one week by a big tunnel fire.

2 我把地图摊在地上,查找去拉萨的路线。

I laid out the map on the ground to find out the route to Lhasa.

3 通过仔细研究报纸上的广告,小bob察觉出一个大盗窃阴谋。

Through careful study of the advertisements in the newspaper, little Bob smelled out a big stealing plot.

4 一座桥的倒塌引起地方官员的警觉,并促使他们决定视察所有正在兴建的桥梁。

The collapse of a bridge make the local government officials sit up and take notice. It also urged them to make the decision to inspect all the bridges being built.

5 沿路直至山顶,都可以看到美丽的粉红色杜鹃花在盛开。

All the way up to the top of the mountain, beautiful pink azaleas are seen in full bloom.

6 每个人都在关注那个地区形式,看其如何发展。

Everyone is concerned with the situation in that area, expecting to see how it will work out.

7 工人们对工厂的糟糕管理和低效率难以忍受。

The workers could hardly put up with the terrible management and the low efficiency in that factory.

8 此楼的内装修只准在白天进行。

The interior finishing of this building is limited to daytime only.

9 他费力地想弄清楚名首字母N.E.指的是什么。

He tried hard to figure out what the initials N.E. stood for.

10 我来到游泳池,没想到却同一个粗鲁的年轻人争吵起来。

I came to the swimming pool only to get myself into a quarrel with a rude young man.

Use put, hold, and pick.

1 只要付钱,游客们可以在这个公园里自由采摘水果。

As long as they pay, tourists may pick fruits at their pleasure in this park.

2 那位白人妇女右臂抱着一个婴儿,左手提着一个旅行袋。

The white woman held a baby in her right arm and a traveling bag in her left hand.

3 如果你设身处地为他想想,你就会理解他的选择了。

If you put yourself in his position, you would understand his choice.

4 她因为太激动了,无法把自己的思绪用言语表达出来。

She was too excited to put her thoughts into words.

5 我们要挑选12位高中生参加下一届奥林匹克数学竞赛。

We intend to pick out twelve high school students to take part in the next International Maths Olympic.

6 要求所有考生都把自己的编号而不是姓名写在答案纸上。

It required that every examinee put down his/ her serial number rather than name on the answer sheet.

7在这个职位我已干了5年,我说什么也不会辞职的。

I've been holding this position for five years, and I won't resign whatever happens.

8 昨天咱们买的那些书你放到哪儿了?

Where did you put the books we bought yesterday?

9 我觉得一条船容纳不下我们这些人,还是租两条吧。

I don't think one boat can hold us all. Let's rent two.

10 这是你的错,你怎么能把责任推到别人身上。

It's your fault. How can you put the blame on others?

11 这次全国图书展销会将在10个城市举行。




关键字:自考英语

生词表:


  • impair [im´peə] 移动到这儿单词发声 vt.削弱;损害 四级词汇

  • increasingly [in´kri:siŋli] 移动到这儿单词发声 ad.日益,愈加 四级词汇

  • competitive [kəm´petitiv] 移动到这儿单词发声 a.竞争的,比赛的 四级词汇

  • brutal [´bru:tl] 移动到这儿单词发声 a.兽性的;残暴的 四级词汇

  • energetic [,enə´dʒetik] 移动到这儿单词发声 a.精力旺盛的;有力的 四级词汇

  • imperative [im´perətiv] 移动到这儿单词发声 a.紧急的 n.命令式 四级词汇

  • honeymoon [´hʌnimu:n] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.蜜月 四级词汇

  • transplant [træns´plɑ:nt, -plænt] 移动到这儿单词发声 vt.移植(种);迁移 六级词汇

  • facial [´feiʃəl] 移动到这儿单词发声 a.面部的,脸部的 六级词汇

  • violate [´vaiəleit] 移动到这儿单词发声 vt.违背;冒犯;侵害 四级词汇

  • policy [´pɔlisi] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.政策;权谋;保险单 四级词汇

  • modestly [´mɔdistli] 移动到这儿单词发声 ad.谦虚地;有节制地 六级词汇

  • taking [´teikiŋ] 移动到这儿单词发声 a.迷人的 n.捕获物 六级词汇

  • manual [´mænjuəl] 移动到这儿单词发声 a.用手(操作)的 n.手册 四级词汇

  • bankrupt [´bæŋkrʌpt] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.破产者 a.破产了的 四级词汇

  • countryside [´kʌntrisaid] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.乡下,农村 四级词汇

  • grandpa [´grænpɑ:] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.爷爷;外公 四级词汇

  • colleague [´kɔli:g] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.同事,同僚 四级词汇

  • whichever [witʃ´evə] 移动到这儿单词发声 a.&pron.无论哪个(些) 六级词汇

  • seedling [´si:dliŋ] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.幼苗 六级词汇

  • shortcoming [´ʃɔ:t,kʌmiŋ] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.缺点,短处 六级词汇

  • unemployed [,ʌnim´plɔid] 移动到这儿单词发声 a.闲着的,失业的 四级词汇

  • bridge [bridʒ] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.桥(梁);鼻梁;桥牌 四级词汇

  • holding [´həuldiŋ] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.保持,固定,存储 六级词汇





文章总共2页
文章标签:翻译  综合英语    

章节正文