酷兔英语

    Old Black Joe

   (1)  Gone are the days when my heart was young and gay;

    那些心头年轻、无忧无虑的日子已离我远去

    Gone are my friends from the cotton fields away;

    我的伙伴也离开了棉花田

    Gone from the earth to a better land I know,

    离开这里到一个更好的地方,我知道

    I hear their gentle voices calling, "Old Black Joe!"

    我听见他们柔声呼唤

    (Refrain:) I'm coming, I'm coming, for my head is bending low; 「老黑乔!」(反复)

    I hear their gentle voices calling,

    我来了,我来了,因为我的头渐渐低垂;

    "Old Black Joe!"

    我听见他们柔声呼唤「老黑乔!」

    (2)   Why do I weep when my heart should feel no pain?

    我为何哭泣,我心并不悲伤?

    Why do I sigh that my friends come not again?

    我为何要叹息伙伴不复来?

    Grieving for forms now departed long ago,

    只为怀念早已逝去的人,

    I hear their gentle voices calling,

    我听见他们柔声呼唤

    "Old Black Joe!"   「老黑乔!」

    (3)   Where are thee hearts once so happy and so free?

    昔日快乐无羁的人们,如今安在?

    The children so dear that I held upon my knee?

    还有,我抱在膝上可爱的小家伙?

    Gone to the shore where my soul has longed to go,

    他们都已到了我灵魂所渴望去的海岸,

    I hear their gentle voices calling,

    我听见他们柔声呼唤

    "Old Black Joe!"「老黑乔!」

    ~~~by Stephen C. Foster, 1826-1864

  -



关键字:英文诗歌
生词表:


文章标签:诗歌  英语诗歌