COOL ENGLISH
1.like father ,like son 有其父必有其子
A.John is a miser.约翰是个吝啬鬼.
B.Of course, like father , like son.当然啦, 有其父必有其子.
2.so what 是又怎样
A.Did you break the vase?是你打破这花瓶吗?
B.Yes, so what? 是又怎样?
3.that’ll do那也可以
A.Sorry ,sir. We don’t have lamb tonight. We only serve beef.
对不起,先生.我们今晚没有羊肉,只供应牛肉.
B.Okay, that’ll do.好吧,牛肉也可以.
4.let somebody down 使人失望
A.I trust you’ll win in the match. Don’t let me down.我相信你会赢得比赛.不要让我失望.
B.Trust me, I won’t.相信我,我不会(让你失望).
5.talk back顶嘴
A.Don’t talk back to your parents .It’s impolite.不要和你的父母顶嘴,这是不礼貌的.
B.But they are not reasonable.可是他们不讲道理啊.
6.mind your own business少管闲事
A.what has happened? Why do you look so angry?发生了什么事?为什么你这样生气?
B.Mind your own business.你少管闲事.
7.Let’s get down to business. (Let’s talk business.)咱们谈正事吧.
A.It’s late now. Let’s get down to business. (Let’s talk business.)时候不早了,我们谈正事吧!
B.Okay. What do you want?好,你想怎样?
8.take a French leave 开小差
A.Where is Peter? The
manager wants to see him.彼得在哪里?经理想见他.
B.He has taken a French leave.他刚才开溜了.
9.We’ll see about that. 走着瞧
A.I’ll make it one day. 我会成功的.
B.We’ll see about that. 走着瞧.
10.long face 臭脸
A.What’s wrong with the boss ? He is wearing a long face today.老板怎么了? 他整天拉着一张臭脸.
B. I don’t know. Perhaps he was scolded by his wife last night. 不知道,或许他昨晚被他妻子骂了一顿吧.
生词表: