苏: 假如他跟你说得一样好,他会打开心胸接受新事物的。
Rose: Yes, he 1) acts like he's that kind of person.
柔丝: 对啊,他表现得就像那种人。
Sue: So? That's what's important, not the music he composes.
苏: 所以呢?那才是重点,而不是他作出来的曲子。
Rose: But a person's most 2) inner self will show through his music.
柔丝: 但一个人最深刻的自我,会由他的音乐表现出来。
Sue: In that case, he must be a 3) wannabe 4) criminal!
苏: 如此看来,他一定是一个潜在的罪犯!
Rose: Whatever he is, he's probably not my type.
柔丝: 管他是什么,他可能不是我喜欢的那一型。
语言详解
A: How did my wallet vanish from my pocket?
我的皮夹怎么从我口袋里消失了?
B: Criminals are really sneaky these days.
这年头的罪犯还真是狡猾。
「as......as...... 像......一样」
as......as......表示"像......一样"
A: What kind of girlfriend are you looking for?
你在找哪一种女朋友?
B: I don't care as long as she's blond.
只要是金发的就行。
A: Where would you like to work?
你想去哪里工作?
B: I don't care as long as it's not in a big corporation.
只要不是大公司都可以。
1) act (v.) 表现
2) inner (a.) 内部的
3) wanna-be 潜在的
4) criminal (n.) 罪犯